Need detector find steel and lead shot

7come11

What basic brand, model, would be best to purchase to find both steel and lead shot in ducks and geese and other birds before or after their cooked ? Last year I chipped a tooth, any suggestions

Thanks Val

Almost any vlf detector would work for that application. I wouldn't spend alot of money on it either for the reason you're wanting to use it :)

I never tried, but I am thinking a simple handheld pinpointer would be what you want, you are lloking for small bird shot, a regular detector will just be telling you there is metal in there, a pinpointer could show you where I would think...

Thanks for the reply, I have never used a detector or know anyone who has one, so I didn't know where to start.
Val

Welcome to the friendly forum.... :wave: .... Like suggested I'd try a hand held pin-pointer.... Maybe a Garrett pro pointer...

Just as long as I know there is lead or steel shot in the bird or in the breast meat ( when I just breast them ) I should be able to find the shot and pick it out.
Val

Just as long as I know there is lead or steel shot in the bird or in the breast meat ( when I just breast them ) I should be able to find the shot and pick it out.
Val

Harbor Freight has a $16 hand held metal detector, that should be just what you need. Most hardware stores have stud finders, but probably cost more, but might work, and and might be something to check into locally. Thing with Harbor Freight, is they have monthly sales, coupons, free shipping offers all the time. Think, even if you miss the discounts, it won't cost more than $25.

Attachments

• garr.jpg
    garr.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4,891
Thanks for the replys, The information will save me a lot of time looking at detectors, now I can zero in on the detectors that were suggested.
Val

pinpointer

Harbor Freight has a $16 hand held metal detector, that should be just what you need. Most hardware stores have stud finders, but probably cost more, but might work, and and might be something to check into locally. Thing with Harbor Freight, is they have monthly sales, coupons, free shipping offers all the time. Think, even if you miss the discounts, it won't cost more than $25.

some thing like this one from Harbor freight https://www.harborfreight.com/metal-detector-97245.html?_br_psugg_q=metal+detector

Back
Top Bottom