Anyone here hire out their metal detecting services?

BootyHunter

Hey everybody, just wandering if any of you hire out your metal detecting services, and if so what for? How much and how do you charge and what have been your results as far as amount of "business" and success in locating objects? I just placed a few ads on my local Craigslist, first in the "wanted" section an ad wanting places to hunt and then in the Lost and Found and Resume' sections I posted an ad offering fee based services locating property pins and also lost jewelry. I was bored and thought I would give it a try. If I get one reply for a "job" it will be 1 more than I would have had if I hadn't posted, and it didn't cost me anything to post, so we'll see. Just wandering if any of you had done this or are doing this and what your results had been, or are. Thanks for looking and if I get any takers I will post a follow up. Thanks for looking and HH.

I posted on CL for free searching service. I just figured I would get whatever I found other than the desired target. If the looser offers a reward, well, OK. I would feel good just to find someone what they lost.

I posted on CL for free searching service. I just figured I would get whatever I found other than the desired target. If the looser offers a reward, well, OK. I would feel good just to find someone what they lost.

O.k., that is a very good attitude and will probably get you some places to hunt, too. Thanks for your reply. I was contacted last year by a fellow that knew through the grapevine that I detected to find a wallet lost while plowing a garden with a tractor. The wallet had metal snaps and a zipper on it. I found it after about 20 minutes of searching and he was very greatful. I refused a reward but did get to detect some new ground. I thought about the free thing but decided if someone lost a piece of jewelry that was important to them, or needed some property pins located, they wouldn't mind paying 25-40 bucks and it would help me out in the process, we'll see. Thanks for your reply again.

There is a guy from Canada on youtube. He is part of or heads up RINGFINDERS. He talks about getting a network out there where people can locate someone close that is part of this service. They loose something, give you a call and work out a time to get together and locate their lost item.

I think its a neat service and one you could look into. I think he only gets paid if he finds the lost item.

NebTrac

There is a guy from Canada on youtube. He is part of or heads up RINGFINDERS. He talks about getting a network out there where people can locate someone close that is part of this service. They loose something, give you a call and work out a time to get together and locate their lost item.

I think its a neat service and one you could look into. I think he only gets paid if he finds the lost item.

NebTrac

Your talking about Chris Turner, I have had a couple conversations with him, He is a good guy and offers a good service to people. He wanted me to join his RINGFINDERS but I didn't feel like I was ready for that yet. Once I get a bit more experience than I will think about it. It is I think $39.99 a year to join and he gives you your own page with details so the client can read up on you.

I have also posted on CL in the lost and found section offering a reward only service ONLY IF ITEM IS FOUND & depending on the location a call out fee to cover gas and miles or parking if I have to pay. But only post once in a while. Good Luck!

I have not tried that, and I do believe it would, at best, only provide a minor addition to your income. Do not give up your day job. It would, however, be very nice for people who have lost that 'special something' to at least give them some hope and possibly even find their possession. Let us know how it works for you. RickO

Back
Top Bottom