Lost Pinpointer at Npt beach 8/24 evening

macedon

I left my pinpointer at the beach in Northport, NY last night, 8/24. Only been metal detecting a month to month and a half and love it!! Not so great with target location so do use it at the beach, lol. Hope someone here found it.

I hope it gets returned. Have you gone back and looked? Losing something is an expensive lesson. GL

OUCH! Sorry to hear Mac. Do you carry a backpack of some sort? Get into the habit of putting it in the backpack. I have several of all sizes when I am out. One other good thing I like is a hunting/fishing vest. There pretty inexpensive and the back is a large open compartment where you can reach behind you and grab or put things quickly and easily. Lite weight and loose too.
One problem I have in my area in the desert. I'll be out hunting in the hills or desert areas, and I'll come upon an arrowhead or Indian pottery shards. All of a sudden I've set my detector down and I'm eyeing the ground looking for more. 100 feet away, I remember my machine. I hope you find it or someone returns it to you. Good luck!

Yeah, I went back and looked when I realized it was gone...the next day. I have only myself to blame cause I put it behind my leg while sitting. It was already dark and I was working off the lights from the pavilion. I even thought to myself "that's not a good spot. I could forget it over retrieving a quarter'.

At least I am glad that I abused it, stuck it in wet saltwater sand with no protective cover, knowing that I'd upgrade within a few months. It was the fisher that came with my machine. I didn't know it would cost $45 to replace. I figured it was a $20 item. Just got a sand scoop and lesche digger, I don't want to upgrade just yet.

I recently upgraded my pack to a really nice deep one that goes over my shoulder and has a large zipper opening. When I got it, I thought...I'll never lose my tools out of this. Now I know to be more aware while using my tools...

At least it wasn't a Garrett and it's a lesson I'll always remember, especially when I'm out with my more expensive tools.

Yeah, I went back and looked when I realized it was gone...the next day. I have only myself to blame cause I put it behind my leg while sitting. It was already dark and I was working off the lights from the pavilion. I even thought to myself "that's not a good spot. I could forget it over retrieving a quarter'.

At least I am glad that I abused it, stuck it in wet saltwater sand with no protective cover, knowing that I'd upgrade within a few months. It was the fisher that came with my machine. I didn't know it would cost $45 to replace. I figured it was a $20 item. Just got a sand scoop and lesche digger, I don't want to upgrade just yet.

I recently upgraded my pack to a really nice deep one that goes over my shoulder and has a large zipper opening. When I got it, I thought...I'll never lose my tools out of this. Now I know to be more aware while using my tools...

At least it wasn't a Garrett and it's a lesson I'll always remember, especially when I'm out with my more expensive tools.

That's all you really need to gather in after this loss. Stuff happens. Btw, go buy a better pinpointer than what you lost. It's funny logic but you'll get more positive from losing your PPr once you get a really good one.

My pointers always goes into an actual, deep pant's pocket, like my phone and keys do. After you get into the habit,,,you'll always "miss" it not being there "hole-to-hole" uses. jm2c

I also have a leash on my TRX. Mine is just string with clips at each end. I was afraid it would get in the way since it did not retract but no problems so far.

These recoils are nice but the string used will wear out and break fast. We use the same style for our ID badges at work and I end up replacing mine every month. If you can fins one where you can take it apart then you can replace the cheap string with some good high test fishing line. Then it will last a good long time.

I was out detecting at an old housesite with really tall grass everywhere. Probably 1' to 1.5' in most areas. I reached for my pinpointer after I dug a hole, and it wasn't there. I had to look around for it for a while, but I eventually found it sunk into the grass. Glad I didn't lose it. Good luck finding yours.

I don't think anyone with the new Garrett model will be having this problem. I hear it emits warning "beeps" after 5+ minutes of inactivity in case you drop it.

Back
Top Bottom