• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

On a mission to find a Class Ring...Any ideas??

willyeinstien

Elite Member
I am trying to dig an old class ring and attempt to reunite it with its owner...for some reason that is a cool story to me every time....I see alot of people get them but...it alludes me..(I returned a small engagement ring this summer...turned out to be 75yrs old g -mas wedding ring passed down....no better feeling..than calling someone with a sentimental item lost then..found by some"hobbyist"....

---Any advice would be incouraging!!

As you already know, you just about have to dig anything above iron as class rings can be made of all different alloys and thus read anywhere. GL and HH.

location!

where the highschool/college kids hang at the beach! mine is freshwater lake-the kids use the same beach i used, bikini area:wow: rugrats to the other end. -
ballfields--near the bleachers- where they pull gloves off and on.

frisbee areas at the park- slings them right off.

i have returned four. one was in 2000 to an 86 yr old lady. gone since ww2. aint nothing like it--

where the highschool/college kids hang at the beach! mine is freshwater lake-the kids use the same beach i used, bikini area:wow: rugrats to the other end. -
ballfields--near the bleachers- where they pull gloves off and on.

frisbee areas at the park- slings them right off.

i have returned four. one was in 2000 to an 86 yr old lady. gone since ww2. aint nothing like it--

Awesome thats crazy 4---!...seems college areas are a good idea..

-reason i ask it seems some people find more than others..it has to be where they are looking...seems like what we find usaully is connected to where we look!just something on my bucket list!!

As you already know, you just about have to dig anything above iron as class rings can be made of all different alloys and thus read anywhere. GL and HH.

thats the dilema im having....trying keep field nice and still dig iffy/good signals...clearly old high schools were a fun place to drink and throw pulltabs..and make pull tab bracelets...everywhere!!!

They can be anywhere. I found mine in a lake but have not been able to track down the owner. I would start at a high school.

They can be anywhere. I found mine in a lake but have not been able to track down the owner. I would start at a high school.

Ive only hit a closed high school...are we able to detect public HS or do ppl have to get permission?(field area and what not)

I will always try to get permission. Hate looking over my shoulder to see if someone is coming about permission. Although your tax money goes to the schools, it still doesn't give anyone permission to do what they want on the grounds. Most schools even with permission, will ask you to stay off the fields from my experiences.

I will always try to get permission. Hate looking over my shoulder to see if someone is coming about permission. Although your tax money goes to the schools, it still doesn't give anyone permission to do what they want on the grounds. Most schools even with permission, will ask you to stay off the fields from my experiences.

I am trying to remember back when i was in HS...and i remember that we cld get in trouble if we didnt have business being on football or baseball field...but the rest i think was like 10 o clock ..had to be off school grounds..not sure how to applies to MDin' but a quick call to principle wouldnt hurt...

As you already know, you just about have to dig anything above iron as class rings can be made of all different alloys and thus read anywhere.

Yeah, Agreed. I've been commending myself for every pulltab I dig. It just means I'm on the right track. After a month in the hobby, I've already dug about 500 pulltabs... and 5 rings. So that means a 1/100 ratio? LOL.

Good Call!:yes: I never thought about it before, but there is a Frisbee Golf Course at my local park. A lot of it is in tall weeds.

While home for thanks giving...my uncle told me his ring went flying off while playing frisbee at park...luckily was found by buddies eye the next day...but long grass would be near impossible..w/o MD. cld be interesting!!

Yeah, Agreed. I've been commending myself for every pulltab I dig. It just means I'm on the right track. After a month in the hobby, I've already dug about 500 pulltabs... and 5 rings. So that means a 1/100 ratio? LOL.

YUUUP...Badwhen you can almost identify what kind of pull tab it is....then just when you know its a pulltab.....Whamoo...1/2ct princess cut diamond ring!!!:dash2::dash2::dash2:

What machine are you detecting with? I found a 10K chunky class ring this year that rang in at 12-41 at 5". It's pretty much luck if you find one, because there isn't a Class Ring perfect TID you can look to dig.

Step 1. Book a week at a spring break beach destination.
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Profit!

Funny i was just talking to my wife about taking three days after spring break go camp near a huge beach or lake hunt it up!!!Got my AT PrO just for such ocassion!!:D

I found two old class rings last month and both were missing the school emblems. Both rang up as pulltabs on my DFX but were in an area with little trash so was digging everything.

Back
Top Bottom