I found my first gold!!!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I was out this morning metal detecting and hadn't really found much -- clad/copper and some unknown thing at a site I usually go to. When that site wasn't productive after a few minutes, I decided to go to a local school and before I could even get inside the fence an SUV pulled up and the man rolled down his window (and I'm going UH OH :roll: trouble). But he immediately asked if I was willing to go to his house and hunt for his wife's missing wedding band! She lost it last weekend when they were having a birthday party on their HILL (see photo).

She figured it was at the bottom of the hill. I set up the detector (BH202) in all metal (hoping the hill didn't have alot of trash). Since I had to go to the bottom of the hill anyway, I decided to sweep on the way down (not using headphones so they could listen for the low tone also). I was getting no sounds and questioned if the unit was working properly. I turned it off and back on to reset it -- still no sound. I got to the bottom and made my turnaround and the unit let out a loud low tone.

Before I could bring the coil back for the second sweep, her husband was on his knees quicker than I could say "jackrabbit" running his hands over the spot and came up with the ring in his hand! :woohoo:

Yes, it was my first gold, but the excitement of seeing the happy couple with her ring made my day!

Attachments

• The Hill 06-09-12a.jpg
    The Hill 06-09-12a.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 899
  • 2 Happy Couple 06-09-12a.jpg
    2 Happy Couple 06-09-12a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 872
  • 2 The Ring 06-09-12a.jpg
    2 The Ring 06-09-12a.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 869
Last edited:
Thanks! I'm still turning cartwheels in my mind! Can't do it physically! :lol:

Congrats on a great recovery for that young couple. Now go find some gold for yourself! Schools are a good place to find jewelry of all kinds, and alot of clad too. Good luck. : )

that was very nice of you to do

congrats, they had to be so happy and it didnt take all day to find....GL+HH.....cliff.

congrats on helping out and finding the ring!! i found one for a girl a couple of weeks ago and it's a great feeling being able to hand it back to them! :D
well done!

Pete

Great story!

What goes around, comes around! That goes for the good things you do as well as the bad. You will be rewarded! I think it's called Karma?

Congrats, great story, glad you found it for them. Maybe they'll let you hunt the rest of that big yard. I had my 1st lost ring recovery yesterday also & my 2nd ring overall.

You are now officially a Pro! Great job and great story.

oh, and now you need to change your forum name to 'GoldFinder' LOL!

No :no: I didn't ask. Didn't think about that. I was just thrilled that my BH202 performed and found her ring. :excited:

(Extra comment here regarding my BH202 -- I didn't have much faith in my unit as I've seen other posts of BH's being disliked but now I have real respect for my unit! I'll be keeping it!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom