• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab Eureka Gold stolen

Well I guess it official. I bought a Minelab Eureka Gold off e-bay. I got a notification on Thursday that it was delivered on Monday. I called the post office and they informed me that they would speak with the carrier and get back to me ........... So if anyone hears of a Eureka gold for sale around the MA NH coastal area, please let me know. Or please inform the Newbury, MA police dept.

you should be covered by ebay buyer protection. i think if you pay over 250 and its not shipped with signature conformation or you did not sign for it you can be refunded. it would be the sellers fault just my opinion :?:

I have a question. You said initially that you got notified on Thursday that it was delivered on Monday. How were you notified? It sounds more like the seller could be scamming you instead of it being stolen. I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and always use tracking. I don't think that they have anyway of notifying you after an item is delivered. If I am wrong about this correct me. The next issue I have is that Ebay now has a policy that the seller is responsible for an item until it is in your hands. I used to sell stuff and offer insurance as an option if the buyer wanted it. This is no good now days because if they don't opt for the insurance and something happens to the item in transit you as the seller are responsible for it. So you shouldn't feel bad about filing a claim with him because as a seller he is responsible to ensure that it gets to you. How is the sellers feedback and reputation? It is just weird that he is not responding to you and the fact that you were notified on Thursday that it was delivered on Monday still seems weird to me. Almost like he is trying to make you think it was stolen and not a scam. I could be wrong but just my thoughts after reading the info in this thread.

I'm a little fortunate to have UPS & FedEx places around me, but every time I have something expensive sent, I always arrange to have it picked up at the hub office. I just go onto the site and redirect so they'll hold on to it. Sometimes it delays it a day if I request too late but it's sure better than leaving it on my porch for someone to snipe it.

went out hunting last weekend .......went to get my lesche somebody took it off back of my truck......thank god i had my back up from lowesthe 14 in 1 digger its a great digger and lifetime warrant ta boot

It sounds to me, like the seller scammed you... he isn't returning emails or calls which is a very bad sign... hell he could have sent an empty envelope to the wrong address on purpose with your email attached to the tracking number, and it would have said delivered.

I would definitely contact paypal/ebay and get a refund. Scammers hope for "nice guys", they are the easiest ones to take.

Check the tracking information carefully, right address? how much did it weigh? etc.

Flyin- low/ reply

just a short story,i bought a 10 oz silver bar off ebay,i tracked it USPS,that day :roll:thier tracking site was up to date,most of the time you get the package before thier tracking site is updated,well i new the usps man had it on his truck,he passed my house after delivering the mail,so i walked up the street and confronted him,you should definately have my package on your truck,he replied ,no package for you today,i noticed a package on his package plate in the middle of his truck that would be the size i was expecting,so i asked is that mine ,he picked it up sure enough,it was,he was probally going to scan as delivered,and steel my 10oz silver,so the answer to your reply is,i never accused him,but don't trust them like, UPS and fedex,also i might add Fedex has put sticker's on my door without knocking,as i am retired and home,most of the time,i found UPS my favorate,and let me tell you i hate them as i wore Brown for 33 years,so there you go :digginahole::boxing::pirate::viking::viking2::numchuck::nono:

Golf Driver

I ordered a golf driver one time and my dad had the garage door open. They delivered it (ups) and they put it right inside our garage by the garbage, prob becuase it was light rain that day. My old dad put it in the garbage and took it out front. By the time I got home from work it was gone:(:(

Thing about scams and spam, is the volume. They make many attempts, get caught occasional, or called out on it, but the occasional score makes it worthwhile to them.

You should really follow up on this. If it were a scam, you could be on of several, or just the start of a new career. If the postal guy steals packages, how many others has he stolen, or will steal in the future. Could be a neighbor, your never going to feel right about deliveries, or leaving anything out side, not chained down. I really hate thieves, they take more than just your money, which is replaceable. Security cameras and DVRs aren't all that expensive anymore. Not to difficult to setup and install, they give you a lot of peace of mind for the investment. You'd know what happened, and they are also a deterrent. Thieves know its any easy bust, and that it could be monitor by an outside company, hosted on the web, or accessed through you cell phone. There is no way for them to know if they can just break in and steal your DVR, or just how many cameras you might have. There are a lot of much easier targets.

just a short story,i bought a 10 oz silver bar off ebay,i tracked it USPS,that day :roll:thier tracking site was up to date,most of the time you get the package before thier tracking site is updated,well i new the usps man had it on his truck,he passed my house after delivering the mail,so i walked up the street and confronted him,you should definately have my package on your truck,he replied ,no package for you today,i noticed a package on his package plate in the middle of his truck that would be the size i was expecting,so i asked is that mine ,he picked it up sure enough,it was,he was probally going to scan as delivered,and steel my 10oz silver,so the answer to your reply is,i never accused him,but don't trust them like, UPS and fedex,also i might add Fedex has put sticker's on my door without knocking,as i am retired and home,most of the time,i found UPS my favorate,and let me tell you i hate them as i wore Brown for 33 years,so there you go :digginahole::boxing::pirate::viking::viking2::numchuck::nono:

That's an enlightening post.. I wonder how many delivery guys go through the boxes and pick the one that feels most expensive, then take it home with them. Like christmas everyday...

I've had problems with FedEx, they claim that they can't find my house. The house is not hidden or a long distance from the street, it is in plain site. In the past FedEx has put packages under bushes or under tables on the front porch. Last month while waiting for my new MD to be delivered by FedEx, I saw the truck on the street that crosses the end on my street, the truck never came on my street. I checked the tracking and it said: Nobody home or business closed. I was home and in the front yard (I got my MD the next day).

I am sorry to hear about your missing new detector:no:

I use the post office all the time, literally hundreds upon hundreds of items have been shipped to and from me, and I have never lost a single item. I HAVE had intances when UPS or FedEX has left packages on my doorstep, and I live in an apartment complex, anyone could just walk down my hallway and snatch it up. USPS has the courtesy to leave it at my apartment office.

Now I am not saying that happens everytime, but it has happened before.

No single shipping provider is perfect, but when something like this happens, its tragic. Again, sorry to hear what happened, I hope you can recover it soon.

-Caius Gauge

How did you pay??
Credit card will fix it..
PayPal, don't they have a policy for guaranteed delivery..
No way I would take the hit, I don't get it, someone else is paying..... Now find out who owes you, someone does..
Sonny

Back
Top Bottom