Gold prices

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
At this time i see the gold prices at $1633. What was it 3 years ago we were around $1150ish? Last time a lot of gold hoarders still held onto their gold.... but later said i wished id sold when it was that high. Will it get there again? Who's buying...... countries like China and India or individuals/companies manipulating the price? Whats your MAGIC NUMBER this time around?

To go along with this ..... it seems the last great move encouraged detecting companies to look at beach hunting differently..... and out came the Nox. Which in my opinion because of its multi use and price has nearly doubled the interest in beach/water hunting. We have the AQ coming will more companies recognize this increase? Hopefully there will be more R&D into salt water machine.... rather than machine that CAN work in the water. Right now..... it seems all things become equal once these machines hit the water. There maybe advantages to each out of the water.......but salt water changes everything.

The Coronavirus is spreading in South Korea and has the markets roiled... I'm watching my stock investments very closely now...

Apparently Iran had two death by it as well. Its certainly affecting China and Japan desire to go to work or about any group gathering. Which they say may cause a recession in both those countries...... affecting their markets and gold prices may raise because of it.

Been watching :yes: One thing I haven't followed is who's the latest best choice in refinery. Seemed like the last consensus I saw was local jewelers you have a connection with, and a few still trying ARA.

As for the water machines, it would be nice to see more R&D but if they can't make any of them as waterproof as the CZ-21, Excal, Dual Field etc then I won't be biting. Still not taking the Nox back in shallows either. :D

Recently i posted about Midwest refinery...... it raised their pay out to be as good as ARA. From what ive seen.... some didnt like the the owner of ARA. It used to be a family business. You have to know how they weigh it..... and how they pay it out. Just knowing they use troy ounces and you loose money because it takes more grams to make a troy ounce. Penny weight is also thrown at you. Use the same standard they do to get your weight and pay out or you may feel like you got taken.

I agree that these new machines are pretty close to NOT being waterproof when talking about 1 to 3 meters. BUT my point on water machines is they havent done enough research into the salt balance. Having used a couple of machines now that salt balance.... there is a huge benefit having the ability to adjust it can make to noise, depth, and sensitivity. Most seem to use a standard salt setting.... and believe me when i say things start changing depending on freq the deeper you go. This adjustment also can allow single freq machines to work just as well out there.

I sell soon after finding, not hording gold waiting for prices to get even higher. That has been my way for the past few years. When I sell sometimes it's a bit higher, sometimes a bit lower but I always gets the average price over time.

I sold a little at 13, then 14, then $1500. No plans to sell right now. I'm still sitting on the majority of my finds. Needed a little to pay for the girls Invisaligns. I deal with a local guy here that gives me 96%. If this virus goes full-blown pandemic I suspect we could see $2000 if not higher.

We're about to conduct an unprecedented post-Keynesian monetary experiment (i.e. MMT). I predict it will not end well.

The national debt stands at $23.35 trillion.
https://treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current

Interest paid on that debt is already over $550 billion per year.
https://treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm

Imagine if interest rates were higher...

Government budget deficits (the difference between revenue and expenses) is now over $1 trillion per year, during a supposed "economic boom."

GDP growth is around 3% per year, while the deficit is over 4% of annual GDP. This suggests that the majority of the economic "growth" that we're seeing is almost entirely deficit driven (i.e. money printing, stimulus, etc.), and were it not for that, the economy would be in a recession.

Interest rates are artificially low and well below historical averages. Negative interest rates abroad are the result of speculative bubbles. In fact, there are bubbles everywhere.

There are many reasons to own gold, and even more reasons to ditch currency denominated investments before this monetary experiment blows up in the government's face.

What concerns me is that average people will be hurt by the next recession, which will probably be a big one. That means less gold jewelry purchased, and lost, at beaches. Right now gold jewelry demand is stong and hovering around all-time highs.

Most of us are just poor dirt farmers so to speak. Not a lot of knowledge about investments or how the rich folk figure things .... we just see the ups and downs .... like gold or worse try to get the guy handling our chump change to explain to us... ok we lost money who got it 😂. Man.... I wished I could find someone local to even give me 90% of melt. Still comes down to you are trading your gold in fo cash... which went down in value....I’m confused already 😂

Why would one trade gold for a lousy bit of paper?
BTW, gold’s value doesn’t change. It just takes more paper to buy it.

Lots of folks stocking up on essentials, wary that our economic supply chain will soon be coming to a screeching halt.

Money is money to me.... i just see something that was worth $100 now being worth $150. I understand how it works and if everything goes south..... im not sure my gold ring will be worth anymore than paper money trying to buy a potatoes.:lol: I dont think we are at that stage. So take the so called profit..... thats a poor mans view.

Money is money to me.... i just see something that was worth $100 now being worth $150. I understand how it works and if everything goes south..... im not sure my gold ring will be worth anymore than paper money trying to buy a potatoes.:lol: I dont think we are at that stage. So take the so called profit..... thats a poor mans view.

I'm with you Dew, the way it looks right now, the Longer the "AQ" takes the less it will cost me in gold if this climb continues...:cool3:

Silver takes a LOT more to pay off..... especially if they are paying you only 90% of what you might have gotten it for and now. It just move along very often very fast. Gold is something im finding..... us pooooooo:lol: men cant afford to invest. I just wished more wore Rhodium rings.... big Rhodium rings.:lol: I suspect China is scrambling..... people staying home right now... it gotta hurt. So will they invest to stay afloat adjusting the market ..... right now them an India like having gold you can touch around. I suspect if they need it that can always do what the US did...... just tell um turn it in.

Apparently Iran had two death by it as well. Its certainly affecting China and Japan desire to go to work or about any group gathering. Which they say may cause a recession in both those countries...... affecting their markets and gold prices may raise because of it.

Affecting many Asian markets like Philippines , Korea , and a number of close countries , Which also affects our supply chains here.

Now’s the time to stock up on essentials. Things that could disappear here quickly if JIT deliveries are disrupted. Better safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom