Tiffany in the scoop!

Beachhunter

Elite Member
Yesterday I got out with my new Xtreme Titanium scoop and was blessed with a pleasant surprise.
In the scoop was Tiffany PT950 Platinum wedding band. At first, after digging lots of trash, from the kind depositors, I thought it was an electrical conduit nut but to my shock it was a Tiffany Platinum ring.
I looked up the price/ value retail and was floored. $1300-$1600!:shock:
Well, possibly It just paid for my new scoop plus my Equinox.
Thanks for looking and good luck!

Attachments

• A232FB97-4AF1-497B-AE73-B424FBE0D1DE.jpg
    A232FB97-4AF1-497B-AE73-B424FBE0D1DE.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,097
:dingding: Finding gold and plat is one thing, finding the high end designer stuff is just awesome!

Nice find BH but there's a rub. While plat has risen in value recently it's still far behind gold and Palladium. I would guess that ring weighs around 8g? Looks like a female wedding band. The high end jewelry store can charge the idiot $1300-$1600 for it but the smeltor is gonna give you about 90% of its melt value. So at 8gr of 999 plat = $257. Minus 10% = $25. So that ring to a smeltor might get you $232? at todays spot. Now you might be able to unload it on CL to another fool who simply looks at the high end name. Maybe? Does it have any engraving in it?

Then there's the rediculous prices people pay for Tiffany & Co. silver jewelry. Talk about throwing your money away!

Nice find BH but there's a rub. While plat has risen in value recently it's still far behind gold and Palladium. I would guess that ring weighs around 8g? Looks like a female wedding band. The high end jewelry store can charge the idiot $1300-$1600 for it but the smeltor is gonna give you about 90% of its melt value. So at 8gr of 999 plat = $257. Minus 10% = $25. So that ring to a smeltor might get you $232? at todays spot. Now you might be able to unload it on CL to another fool who simply looks at the high end name. Maybe? Does it have any engraving in it?

Then there's the rediculous prices people pay for Tiffany & Co. silver jewelry. Talk about throwing your money away!
I think that ring will sell over $500 on Ebay all day long.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Regardless of the melt, scrap or Craig's list value that is one hell of a find. I'd be happy to find that anytime. Great find beachhunter congratulations on your spectacular find.

Not everyone is in the PT-950 club so that's a great find in my book. I have one in my collection and that is where it will stay. Nice Tiffany ring.

It does look like an EMT connector nut but what a surprise that must have been to see Tiffany & Co. on the inside of the ring- congrats!!! I've had that pleasure a few times. One was an 18K white gold ring that looked like a coil of solder when I found it.
picture.php

It looked a lot better after the scratches were buffed out but it was so ugly when I found it I would have gladly taken $5 for it. It wasn't until the next day that I saw the Tiffany & Co. stamp in it. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom