Couple of Good Ones in January

Compass

Forum Supporter
Been super busy this year but wanted to post about one of my most memorable hunts in recent memory. Last month I took the Nox for a spin and even though I got off to a later than usual start there was still plenty of daylight to dig some targets. As far as targets go there were plenty of them- maybe 10 pieces of trash to every coin but I still am learning the Nox so I dug a lot of "iffy" signals.

A "19-20" flashed on the target ID and a quick scoop and dump left me with a sight I live to see:
picture.php

There on the sand was the unmistakable shape of a nice sized ring! The yellow color looked about right but I've been fooled before. As I reached down for it I prayed that it would have some weight to it and was relieved that it did. Around the outside perimeter of the ring was a beautiful scroll design and inside the ring I could make out a number of well-made markings.
picture.php

A quick rub with my thumb left a brilliant shine in the sunlight and told me that the ring had probably been down there for some time. I slipped the ring on my finger for safe keeping and continued to hunt knowing that this day was a already a huge success!
I continued to find a huge amount of trash with a few coins here and there and after a few hours I was nearing the end of my allotted time when another hard "19" TID showed up on the detector. Now I think that 99.9 out of 100 nineteens are not large gold rings and lightning had already struck today so what were my chances that it would happen again? Apparently, this was my lucky day for I soon scooped out another beauty and this one much heavier than the first!
picture.php

I was now feeling like many of the dreams I have had where gold is practically jumping out of the sand. I drove home reliving the hunt in my mind and glad that I was able to capture some of those moments on my cell phone.
picture.php

picture.php

I may have had better hunts before but not in a while and for some reason not as memorable. I sure do love this hobby (most of the time)! GL&HH!

Very nice George... your sapphire ring brought back memories for me... years ago I gave PI JOE a ring very similar to your ring as he liked it when I found it... was happy to make a friend happy.. :D

Very nice George... your sapphire ring brought back memories for me... years ago I gave PI JOE a ring very similar to your ring as he liked it when I found it... was happy to make a friend happy.. :D

How about making THE KOB happy !:laughing:

Loved your story on the hunt ! Stellar ring finds. Don't think I would put it on my finger for safe keeping though...

WOW Two really really nice GOLD rings. And if that was me hunting, those "19s" would have been corroded zinc cents...that you couldn't even spend! Congrats on a great hunt.
Thanks Lawrence, I actually found more copper pennies than zinc pennies on this hunt but most of the 19-20 TIDs were large lead fishing weights.

now that's quite a hunt- love that star sapphire
Thank you melbajoe, That style seemed a lot more popular 20 or 30 years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if the ring was lost then.

Two beauties!
Thanks OBN, Kind of reminded me of some of your hunts. :yes::D

Thanks Craig, Maybe if I did that I'd have more friends! :lol:

Way to go George....those are some beauties. You are have a great start to 2020:D:D
Thank you Jeff, There are a few more that I haven't posted yet but those are the best, so far. PM sent. ;)

Loved your story on the hunt ! Stellar ring finds. Don't think I would put it on my finger for safe keeping though...
Thanks KOB, It's a habit I have when the ring is nice and it fits well. I have large knuckles so not much chance of it falling off. :yes:

:dingding: Both gorgeous rings! I love it when a I read a Nox poster passing up on that 19-21 range thinking they are pennies.

Back
Top Bottom