• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finds Case - Do You Use?

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
So I am curious, who uses a special carrying case (affiliate link) like this for when you find something awesome on a hunt or do you simply put it in your pouch with all your other trash and finds and just empty it out when you get home?

Attachments

• 81xfy+RKLSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81xfy+RKLSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
As a side note for affiliate links like the one you posted, I have no problem using them when they are disclosed, but I will go out of my way to never use an undisclosed affiliate link and other links by social media brands that don’t disclose. This is a rule I live by on all forms of social media, and I know others do also. Just something to consider as you grow your brand.

Nice catch. If it wasn't clear enough from ChrisMD's post, an "affiliate link" means the thread starter gets a kickback from Amazon if you purchase the finds box through the link in that post.

Last edited:
Nice catch. If it wasn't clear enough from ChrisMD's post, the the thread starter gets a kickback from Amazon if you purchase the finds box through the link in that post.

Here's another discussion from December about what people do to protect their special finds while hunting:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=278553

How can you tell he gets a kickback from it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you tell he gets a kickback from it?

It's not a normal Amazon product page link. Once the shortened hyperlink is clicked you can see a longer link that has the affiliate info in it.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-05 130920.png
    Annotation 2020-02-05 130920.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
I have a fly fishing fly case with cotton that I put together, but I never use it. My finds pouch has three pockets, one for trash one for clad and one zippered pocket for the good stuff. For $5.99 for one this looks good, and something I’d buy.

As a side note for affiliate links like the one you posted... Just something to consider as you grow your brand.

Good call and I agree! I updated my post to note that as well and don't like clicking on things when not disclosed either. I'll make sure I note this when/if I ever recommend something (and I only recommend things I believe in). Cheers!

I just toss them into my treasure bag, unless I see enough detail to suggest a rare find. Then, it goes in an empty pocket. I'd never need such a separate carrier at the rate I find that kind of treasure.

I just toss them into my treasure bag, unless I see enough detail to suggest a rare find. Then, it goes in an empty pocket. I'd never need such a separate carrier at the rate I find that kind of treasure.

Sounds like we need to get you finding some more treasure!! I hear you though, there's times I feel like a pack mule out there lugging around so much equipment.

I have a small Tupperware container with locks on the side, smaller than a cigarette pack. I keep it in my bag and it’s filled with cotton.

I have a small Tupperware container with locks on the side, smaller than a cigarette pack. I keep it in my bag and it’s filled with cotton.

That sounds really good. Can you post a picture of it?

I used to just chunk my finds into my pouch but now I use a neat little container that Wilddigger made for me.

My finds bag has two small and one large pocket. Most finds go in the large pocket. But if I find something that I want to protect I keep a medicine bottle large enough to hold a half dollarwith cotton balls in it. A nice find goes between the cotton balls.

The double sided compartment type small fishing Plano tackle box works great! It has built in dividers which are different sizes on each side. I usually keep coins on one side and small delicate keeper finds on the other. I had to add a fishing swivel to the lanyard to keep it from winding up on itself all the time when it is taken out of my finds bag all day.

I use a pill bottle stuffed with a swatch of an old, retired pair of cotton underoos. Cheap and easily replaced if needed. Can't STAND the feel of cottonballs (oh, the irony considering my profession)

Back
Top Bottom