• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Makro Simplex + good in salt water?

hddeuce03

So I had narrowed down my 1st detector purchase to either the Garrett AT Pro, Makro Simplex + or Equinox 800.

However, after doing some research, it seems that the Garrett does not do so well in salt water. I plan on doing a lot of saltwater beach hunting.

That left me with the Simplex or the Equinox, however with the huge price difference, I was thinking the Simplex + would be the way to go. Does anyone have experience with the Simplex + in salt water?

Oh and what about the Equinox 600...what is the main difference between the 600 and 800? Would the Simplex + be better...or at least as good as the Equinox 600?

Thanks!
John

Hey all, new to the site. I’m looking for a salt water hunter as well. I bought the ATPro and was so frustrated it’s now sitting in my garage doing nothing. I’m thinking about trying the Garrett Sea Hunter . Would love to hear how it does in salt water and wet sand. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I had narrowed down my 1st detector purchase to either the Garrett AT Pro, Makro Simplex + or Equinox 800.

However, after doing some research, it seems that the Garrett does not do so well in salt water. I plan on doing a lot of saltwater beach hunting.

That left me with the Simplex or the Equinox, however with the huge price difference, I was thinking the Simplex + would be the way to go. Does anyone have experience with the Simplex + in salt water?

Oh and what about the Equinox 600...what is the main difference between the 600 and 800? Would the Simplex + be better...or at least as good as the Equinox 600?

Thanks!
John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m865f2YOjJw

Back
Top Bottom