Fisher F75!

Sounds like you got an earlier version of the F75. My first and second F75 was just like yours, but newer versions are a lot better. My third one and the one I’m using now, the F75+, is super stable even when cranked extra hot.

Had a buddy with the early F75, hope you don't get too discouraged by the jittery and pinpoint errors, the second and third Gens were a lot better, I had the F5 for a while, I love Fisher products but then made the jump to Minelab.
Once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you made the transition, I believe there are a lot of coil options for it as well.

I wonder if I could get the software updated

I tried calling Fisher. left a couple messages but no return calls

Try calling and asking for Felix.

The depth reading is based on a coin - something much more massive, like a Mińe ball is not owing to give an accurate depth reading.

I tend to take the the depth reading and subtract 2 inches which helps in most cases.

Do you have DST and FA, BP and CL modes?

I just checked with Felix. Fisher is no longer offering upgrades on earlier F-75’s

If when you do a factory reset if it comes up with 9.0 or 9.1 AND you have FA, BP and CL modes I don’t think you need an upgrade.

I must be dumb, but where does it come up? I reset it once (per instructions in the book) and it just looked like it normally does but with the notch fixed

When you do the reset it should display the mfg date, then serial number, then if it has DST it should show 9.0.

I never saw a pre DST F75.

tried it again

1: Turn detector off.
2: Press-and-hold the red MENU button and push-forward-and-hold the TOGGLE SWITCH.
3: Turn the detector on, while you are still holding the controls.
4: Release the MENU button and TOGGLE SWITCH.
5: See the F symbol. When the F disappears, the detector is reset. Note: some latest F75 versions may show five pairs of number instead before displaying the F - the ten digit serial number.

did it holding the menu button and switch for a 1 count, 5 count, and 10 count. Never saw an F or any numbers at all.

I won’t be near my F75 for a few days, but try looking for YouTube videos on turning DST off/on to see what the screens look like.

The pre DST units supposedly do chatter but are also supposedly deeper. And my DST unit chatters a lot in my house and a little less in my yard, but is typically pretty quiet in most field locations.

Put another hour on it

turning down the sensitivity to 64 eliminated a lot of the chatter, but begs the question why have sensitivity so high that it can't effectively be used?

I had my phone off and was a good half mile from any phone or power lines

I'm kind of bummed that I got an older version, but at least it was only $400

alright, hot takes after an hour

The Good:
Found two CW bullets in a spot I've been hitting for a decade and they were DEEP. Tones and numbers were about the same as my F2 which was nice.

The Bad:
Maaaaan, this thing is delicate. I could smash the F2 coil against a tree and get an accurate reading. If this coil brushes against a blade of grass it chatters =/

The Ugly:
the pin point tone is terribad.
not a fan of the screen. the numbers are much more difficult to read than the F2.

Stray Observations:
Chattery thing isn't it?
The depth meter is good for a chuckle. Both bullets were off by several inches.
The only coin I found was a wheatie that rang up in the upper 50s instead of the upper 60s like on my F2

made in china?..maybe?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom