The night pirate...silvers, sterling, signet

Captain Silver

Elite Member
It's better in the dark...out chest deep at some stupid time in the morning, black, cold and smooth as glass...the only ripples in the red glow of the headlamp are the ones you create while scooping targets out of the clay. Daytime and it's too rough to get this far out, nighttime and no one knows where you sailed to:pirate2:...'cept for Cellrdwellr, he knows what beach;) Anyhow, here's the goods from the hunt...Sterling #2, a small claddah ring, a Buffalo, silvers #5 and #6, a thin Merc and '52 GW, and gold #4, a old signet ring... a coal car from a train set......5.4 grams of 10K......Edik says "A good raid Captain"... As always...thanks for the looks, see you again soon and Happy Hunting!

Congrats! Excellent finds and photos. What is the item to the left of the coal car? Any idea on the age and origin of the coal car? The hockey player is wearing a Soviet Union jersey. Crazy! Great work!

Congrats! Excellent finds and photos. What is the item to the left of the coal car? Any idea on the age and origin of the coal car? The hockey player is wearing a Soviet Union jersey. Crazy! Great work!
That's actually a Ox knob from the 1800's...wth it was doing so far offshore is beyond me, but possibly it was reused as a fishing weight:confused: Coal car is probably from the 1930's. Thanks for the reply!

That is brave to get out there in the dark hours of the night. Sharks yikes! Anyways, get job on the silver and that really nice signet ring. Congrats!

:dingding: Congrats on the gold and the other nice antiquities! One day, when I don't want to live anymore, I'll go out and brave a night hunt. :lol:

Last edited:
Not a chance I’m detecting in the ocean at night in cold water. You guys up north are crazy! Nice work. Congrats on the silver and gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great oldie gold Captain!! SOme real nice treasures!

I'd be in jail if I went MD at night besides getting my car towed. I'd love to MD at night in or out of water.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Real nice treasures, love the signet ring. Ever see the old movie named "JAWS" Sharks are the only other night hunters I know of out in that cold water. Stay safe!!

Congrats on the treasure captain- love the old gold- a rarity for me! :yes: It's only fair to be rewarded for hunting in the water at night. :yes:

You're a "Braveheart" Capt , for sure. Remember the line: You go in the water, shark go in the water! Or something like that. But... Nice finds Capt.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'm not too worried about getting ate by a shark or getting knocked off my feet by a big fish this time of year...that kinda stuff only happens when the water is warm:lol: Right now I'm the apex predator out there:yes: The dark teaches you to hunt slowly and very thoroughly and to be careful with every movement of your feet as you shuffle along. Real careful...

WTG captain I am always interested in seeing your finds. Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More very nice pirating Bruce. Congrats on putting some great recoveries into your coffers. It is always great to see Edik in action. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom