Looking for a new pinpointer. Preferablly one that is good in high trash areas.

Dmar

Budget is like $50-60. I'd like to find one that is effective in a high trash area. The one I have now beeps non stop in any hole I dig. Is this possible to find in my price range?

Is it actually detecting metal or is it falsing? If there is that much metal in the hole any pointer is going to act the same.

Cliff

If you buy fake junk all you do is put America out of work.
By America.
White Bullseye TRX
Doug
I user my pin pointer and found out I have metal in my teeth and I decided not to dig.

No pinpointer has much discrimination that I know of. I've used several different brands and your right on the money about the cheap ones. The Garrett AT pinpointer is a good choice. A little more expensive but the XP MI 6 pinpointer is very good as well. These are the two I've settled with. But not before wasting alot of $ on the cheaper ones. Save your money and purchase one of these two. You will not be disappointed I promise. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a defective pp or more likely operator error. Touch the pp tip to the ground when you power it on. Every pp under $75 will perform equal. Under $75 get the gp/kuman/etc for under $20.

I just bought a Fisher F-pulse (love it) and after looking at every pinpointer I could find I don't think you will find anything in that price range. I used a $20 Kuman Chinese carrot for almost a year that worked OK. And while I hoped to find a pinpointer in the $50-60 range there just wasn't anything. I'm a bit surprised someone hasn't come out with a quality pinpointer in the $50-60 price range. With the price of detectors coming down it seems odd that a quality pinpointer still costs $120 plus. The best price I found was a Nokta Makro pinpointer for about $84. Supposed to be a good pinpointer but I didn't like the idea of buttons on the end.

A hunting buddy of mine uses the Minelab Pro-Find 35 and he likes the 2 tone aspect that helps to identify ferrous from nonferrous. How well it works I can't say.

Good luck!

I think I'd take my luck on a used Garrett app on E-bay or Amazon .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dmar, the old adage you get what you pay for. I read your post on nails in the hole. Believe me, most know your frustration. Minelab Pro 35 was designed to help deal with that, two tones, one ferrous and one nonferrous. Concept great, in practice not so much. Mine still sits in the box. With air tests it doesn't begin to distinguish between the two until a half, maybe three quarters of an inch. That said, when I've got a plug open I will clean it out and sometimes something good shows up but you get a lot of rusty iron as well. My go to is a Garret At (carrot). Worth the money. Your clad haul for a year would most likely pay for it and then some. Good luck. Mark

Dmar, the old adage you get what you pay for. I read your post on nails in the hole. Believe me, most know your frustration. Minelab Pro 35 was designed to help deal with that, two tones, one ferrous and one nonferrous. Concept great, in practice not so much. Mine still sits in the box. With air tests it doesn't begin to distinguish between the two until a half, maybe three quarters of an inch. That said, when I've got a plug open I will clean it out and sometimes something good shows up but you get a lot of rusty iron as well. My go to is a Garret At (carrot). Worth the money. Your clad haul for a year would most likely pay for it and then some. Good luck. Mark

Yeaaaa. I might cave and get the carrot. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom