A little Rev hunt. Need button and coin help! Coin solved!

PAJim

Got out this afternoon to my Rev war spot. Found three .69 caliber musket balls, two fired, one dropped. One fired .58 caliber ball. Two buttons, on flat button and one that looks to be a cuff button that I need some help identifying. A 1942s Merc and what I think is a coin but need some help figuring it out. It's in bad shape. A little bigger then a dime. I added a picture of what I think I can make out on the one side, but have no clue what it is!

Update - The coin is a German 1 pfenning, 1729-1759. Which makes sense on this property. It's has documented Hessian troop movement through this property! Soo cool! I'm stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Annotation 2020-02-03 201208.jpg
    Annotation 2020-02-03 201208.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
That button is interesting. Is it possible to get a little better close up of the face. Also, show us the back as well.

These old eyes can't see it real well, but what is the center piece and the item just above it. I am beginning to think your button may be British. Is anything written on the back?

Congratulations on the finds, especially the German coin.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

These old eyes can't see it real well, but what is the center piece and the item just above it. I am beginning to think your button may be British. Is anything written on the back?

I need to get some better pics! My old eyes suck!

Here’s the info I’ve got so far. (attached pic)

Attachments

• E43F1824-9927-4A61-9DAB-81F608DD9AD2.jpg
    E43F1824-9927-4A61-9DAB-81F608DD9AD2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 342
Like this one?

Scottish traditional thistle button.

No makers mark on the back?

Last edited:
Man am I glad I read this post. I found one of those thistle buttons on one of my rev sites. I gotta pull it out and give it a better look see. Congrats to the both of us.

Those are some really neat finds! Co grats!

What's the (brief) story on the "traditional" thistle?

"England's emblem is the rose, while Wales has the daffodil and Ireland has the shamrock. But Scotland's national emblem is called the thistle.

Originally seen as a symbol of defence in the 15th century, the thistle, this prickly-leaved purple flower, is and will always be known as the symbol of Scotland."

HH.....Doug.

"England's emblem is the rose, while Wales has the daffodil and Ireland has the shamrock. But Scotland's national emblem is called the thistle.

Originally seen as a symbol of defence in the 15th century, the thistle, this prickly-leaved purple flower, is and will always be known as the symbol of Scotland."

HH.....Doug.
Nice! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom