Issues: Battery Garrett Pro-Pointer 2

Doug

Elite Member
My Garrett MK1 (black) Pin-Pointer was causing me problems after so many years use I decided I would order the new MK 2 in the New Year.

PP duly arrived on the Friday morning so a trip out on the Saturday to a local field was planned.

I used the PP for approx 3 minutes when the low battery alarm went off. Thankfully I knew what the sound was.

A walk back to the car to replace the battery which came with the unit, PP now OK.

Once I got home I looked at the battery for the ‘use by date’ which I assumed would be stamped on the bottom, much to my surprise there were two dates.

Eveready

PD (Production Date?) 0617

ED (End Date?) 0620

A quick email to Garrett US to clarify the dates on the battery, and if correct, why were they sending out new PP's with a battery 2+ years old, nothing, tried again, nothing, eventually I had an email back to say they would send me a replacement battery. (From the US to England!)

Several emails have been sent to various people at Garrett’s and yet I still not had the answer to why a first class product had a second class power system.

The moral of the story, don't assume all batteries are new and fully charged.

tf2SdnF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom