• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Why NOT to order an AT Max?

You can use Bluetooth headphones with the 600 out of the box. They can be Minelab's or other low latency bluetooth headsets, just pair them up. It does not come with them. The 600 comes with wired headphones.

The 800 comes with Bluetooth headphones and a wireless module to connect your own wired headphones wirelessly if you would like to do that.

To be clear - if I use the Minelab wireless headphones, the module is NOT needed but if I want to use a different brand then I’d need the module?

No.

Most low latency aptX Bluetooth headphones can be used with the 600 or 800. No module needed.

The WM08 module is only used if:

-You have a pair of WIRED headphones you really like, but don't want to be tethered to the detector. You plug them into the module instead of the detector.

-You have the superhuman ability to perceive the difference in delay between 40ms (low latency Bluetooth) and 17ms (WM08 module' Wi-Stream technology). You probably don't. But, you likely can hear the delay difference between regular Bluetooth (100ms) and low latency Bluetooth (40ms), which is why you want low latency or faster.

-You want to pair up to 4 headphones with one detector for instructional purposes. That can be done with 4 modules, but not 4 Bluetooth headphones directly.

No.

Most low latency aptX Bluetooth headphones can be used with the 600 or 800. No module needed.

-You have a pair of WIRED headphones you really like, but don't want to be tethered to the detector. You plug them into the module instead of the detector.

-You have the superhuman ability to perceive the difference in delay between 40ms (low latency Bluetooth) and 17ms (WM08 module' Wi-Stream technology). You probably don't. But, you likely can hear the delay difference between regular Bluetooth (100ms) and low latency Bluetooth (40ms), which is why you want low latency or faster.

-You want to pair up to 4 headphones with one detector for instructional purposes. That can be done with 4 modules, but not 4 Bluetooth headphones directly.

Wow. I’ve been thinking all along that I had to purchase that module for $250 to be wireless... THANK YOU!

No. You can use any bluetooth headphones with the Equinox, but you really need to use APT-X LL bluetooth headphones to have no perceptible lag.

The Minelab wireless module is so that you can connect any wired headphones wirelessly to the Equinox via the Minelab wireless module.

MUCH thanks!

I’ve heard great things about the August EP650 headphones being easy to pair with a Nox and quicker response time than the headphones that come with the 800. They’re $45 on amazon

I’ve heard great things about the August EP650 headphones being easy to pair with a Nox and quicker response time than the headphones that come with the 800. They’re $45 on amazon

Seriously, knowing that I can pair pretty much any aptX low latency headphones is a game changer. Likely headed down the Nox road...

No.

The wm08 module needs the headphones adapter to work with 1/4 headphones..And not all 1/8 ends will work either with the wm08 module..
I bought a minelab headphones adapter from minelab and put it on the nox..Gray ghost wouldn't work, but cheap whites ultra lite headphones did.
Then I put the adapter on the wm08 module and the gray ghost worked that way for some reason..Be careful when buying minelabs headphones adapter, as well as the wm08 if you plan on using a 1/4 set of headphones..Just trying to save somone time and $ from my experience

Where most detectors have a VID scale of 1 to 100, the Equinox has -9 to 40. So it crunches targets into a tighter target range which overlaps a lot of targets. When combined with its weak or non-existent modulated audio, some consider it a handicap to selective digging.

A real world example of how this hurts is a field I hunt that has produced lots of CW buttons. This field also has a ton of WW2 ball ammo for some reason, just the tips that haven’t been loaded. On all my other detectors they ID unique and easy to skip over. With the Equinox they ring up exactly like the CW buttons. So if I’m swinging the Equinox and I want buttons I’m going to dig a hundred of those bullets to get at a button or two. With anything else I just skip on by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! That sums it up nicely

MichiDigger, I purchased the AT Max in July of 2019 and within 4 months I sold the machine and purchased the 800. I mostly hunted an old farmhouse every Sunday afternoon and found a handful of wheat pennies and a couple relics with the Max. Within an hour of detecting the exact same place with the 800, I had 3 indian head pennies, a ring, and a cool copper bracelet.

I honestly will never purchase another machine again I love the equinox 800 that much. The VDI numbers really don't impact me at all as I dig any repeatable signal. The indian head pennies I found were 9-10 inches deep and were coming in at 16-18. Pull tabs come in at 16-17 so VDI doesn't tell me all that much IMO. Good luck either way.

I looked at an Nox and the at pro but decided to go with a Nokta Makro multi kruzer. I can’t really give you a reason other then just personal opinion. I am looking at buying another machine for my son and most likely go with a Nokta simplex. I would suggest you go with what your gut tells you to. If you listen to someone else’s advise you will always wonder if you should have just listened to you gut .

Where most detectors have a VID scale of 1 to 100, the Equinox has -9 to 40. So it crunches targets into a tighter target range which overlaps a lot of targets. When combined with its weak or non-existent modulated audio, some consider it a handicap to selective digging.

A real world example of how this hurts is a field I hunt that has produced lots of CW buttons. This field also has a ton of WW2 ball ammo for some reason, just the tips that haven’t been loaded. On all my other detectors they ID unique and easy to skip over. With the Equinox they ring up exactly like the CW buttons. So if I’m swinging the Equinox and I want buttons I’m going to dig a hundred of those bullets to get at a button or two. With anything else I just skip on by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great example.

As ChrisMD stated, the suggested sell price of the AT Max is $722. I bought one back in November and the "real" sell price was in fact in the low 600's. BUT.....included in the price was a FREE Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer which retails around $145 or so. With that, it could be said that the AT Max cost me $485 which is not that expensive for a quality detector.

Where ?

Back
Top Bottom