sand scoop handle

Iceman142

Ok everybody, which do you prefer, wood or fiberglass for your sand scoop?
I just got a new 11x8 scoop for Christmas and it takes an 1 1/4 shaft. Trying to figure out what will work best for this large scoop.

I've tried a painter's extension poll, galvanized pipe, schedule 40 PVC pipe, a long wooden handle and a short wooden handle. My favorite so far is the short wooden shovel handle. Whatever you choose, be sure it is light but sturdy. Lugging around a heavy handle + scoop for hours can really make you sore at the end of the day.

I was just at a Lowe's and saw they had a fiberglass handle shovel for 10 bucks. You can get that, Grind off the rivit and use that handle on your scoop. If the fiberglass handle get a wooden dowel, paint is to seal it and put that inside and that will give you extra strength in the handle.

GLHH!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I use a Seymour post hole digger handle. It is fiberglass. I put a wooden dowel inside it. It has a number of years of use and still going strong. I carry my scoop upside down on my belt so the weight is not much of a problem.

If anyone is interested in a carbon fiber scoop shaft just send me a message. I have a few more laying around still of various sizes and lengths.

Back
Top Bottom