snagged a frozen Montana Silver Quarter!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well... it "looked" sunny and warm out, but the ground has not fully thawed here in Western Montana. I decided to head out to where I found the 1893 IHP a couple of days ago and I did a small section of the curb strip. Found 4 copper memorials, and was delighted to pull a 1948-S Silver WA Quarter! It rang up 89-90 on the AT Pro so I was hoping for something good and it was. Thanks for your interest!

The photo shows the Bitterroot Mountains looking west from the north (shaded side) of our residence. A nice view for sure, but still frozen solid in the shade.

Attachments

• silvah1.jpg
    silvah1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 500
  • silvah2.jpg
    silvah2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 435
Nice job on the quarter. I remember living in eastern Oregon and having years where the snow didn’t completely melt on the shaded side of the house until early June.

A nice find for sure LS. Congrats on the GW. It won't be long we'll be reading your post on # 100 fty. Good job and Good luck. Mark

Congrats David on the Silver GW. Glad you can get out a bit even if it is limited locations. We here in Wisconsin are still a few weeks away before even seeing the ground. Trapper

Congrats on the GW! Finding one of them just makes the pouch feel a little fuller.

Thank you JAK, yep, no complaints about a silver quarter!

Nice job on the quarter. I remember living in eastern Oregon and having years where the snow didn’t completely melt on the shaded side of the house until early June.

Thank you Nerdling! Last year we had 3 feet of snow at this time!

A nice find for sure LS. Congrats on the GW. It won't be long we'll be reading your post on # 100 fty. Good job and Good luck. Mark

Hah! Thanks Mark, I hope so, 100 would be just fine with me!

A pretty view you have and congrats on the silver.

Thank you Jam, yep, never get tired of that view!

Nice silver.....

Thanks Vermonster!

Congrats David on the Silver GW. Glad you can get out a bit even if it is limited locations. We here in Wisconsin are still a few weeks away before even seeing the ground. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, hope you get out soon and start to rack up the silvers~!

Back
Top Bottom