• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

a good local hunt nets Walker, Silvers, Sterling!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I had a couple of hours free this Monday afternoon and with good weather, I headed out locally to do a bit of detecting. I had permission already at a small ca 1930's home with small front yard, and detected there first. The only old coins I found in the front yard were the 1936-D Mercury Dime and the old Chinese coin, but no complaints from me. I had detected the nearby curb strip last year, but what the heck, went over it again and got a couple of wheat pennies I missed. Near the end of the curb strip I "robbed the cradle" with a last year 1964-D Silver Rosie!

I noticed a person home across the street getting the mail, so went over to visit and ask permission, as my local map showed I had not detected that yard. A real nice lady gave me the history of the home, built in the 1930's, and who had been all the owners thru the years. She gave the OK on the front yard, and I started in. The first side was not that productive, only two wheat pennies, the Boy Scout Kerchief, and some modern clad. Crossing over the entryway sidewalk, I did much better... near the public sidewalk I found the Sterling pendant, and the next signal was the Sterling ring. Gridding the yard, on the next pass in I got a solid "91" on the AT Pro, from all directions. Thinking it might be a silver quarter as it was a deep target, I carefully dug wide of where the pinpoint indicated. I was surprise and happy to see a big silver rim in the hole, and pulled out a 1944-S Walking Liberty Half!

The rest of the front yard produced some modern coins and nothing else old. I was happy to get out to detect today and make some good local finds. The three shiny coins make #212-214 for the year. Supposed to have rain tomorrow, then a bit of good weather again later in the week, then the big snow and freeze are supposed to start on Sunday the 24th. IF I don't get out again, "walking off" with a Walker will be just fine with me!:lol:

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Sorry nice not nife, btw I would have presented the nice lady with that silver pendant for letting you do her yard. She may have friends.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Some nife finds there especially Ms. Walker, congrats.

Sorry nice not nife, btw I would have presented the nice lady with that silver pendant for letting you do her yard. She may have friends.

thanks Mike! She does have friends, they came by while I was detecting the front yard, and I found out I'd already detected their yards!:lol:

Very nice finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CW! Glad to get out for a bit and grateful for some goodies!

Well done, I haven’t uncovered a walker in over a year. I have found like 4 Franklins since then though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice walk off home run LS. Congrats on all the great digs especially the Walker. IMO the most beautiful coin ever minted. I've only ever dug one, 3 yrs. ago, would love to get my coil over another. Good luck Mark

Excellent hunt results...….love the silver !

Thank you D4C!

Walking...drool. Congrats! A bunch of nice finds! Love the great ride along too :)

Thank you Mike, sometimes the people you meet and the fun things that happen make the detecting all that much better!

Nice walk off home run LS. Congrats on all the great digs especially the Walker. IMO the most beautiful coin ever minted. I've only ever dug one, 3 yrs. ago, would love to get my coil over another. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark, love you latest Large Cent, would love to dig one probably not going to happen here in Montana though! That Walker is a beautiful design for sure.

Congrats on the cool finds - especially the Walker! :detector: Hope you can get out more before the ground freezes, but if not, that is a great find to end the year with! :yes:

Your really running a very hot coil David. Congrats on adding 3 more and with a nice looking Walker no less. As long as the weather holds for you this year has not ended. Trapper

Well, Well, Well...... the good stuff just keeps coming for you. at this rate and if the weather holds..... 250?. I believe in you, man!

Congrats on the cool finds - especially the Walker! :detector: Hope you can get out more before the ground freezes, but if not, that is a great find to end the year with! :yes:

Thank you Wolf-Dog. I think this week will be the last chance to detect so hope I can get out Friday or Saturday.

Your really running a very hot coil David. Congrats on adding 3 more and with a nice looking Walker no less. As long as the weather holds for you this year has not ended. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! And wow, your dime streak is crazy good... 38 in a row!

Well, Well, Well...... the good stuff just keeps coming for you. at this rate and if the weather holds..... 250?. I believe in you, man!

Thanks Todd, I don't think Two Fitty is going to happen this year, might have to take a December trip to California to get that many, but who knows... hope you can get out again a time or two!

Back
Top Bottom