Finders-Keepers Rule vs. Finders-Keepers Reality

All that garbage was put on the books to keep the lease holders honest, it only applies to the 1715 "Treasure cost beaches".

Anything you find between the toe of the dune and the low tide line is fair game regardless of how old it may or may not be.

DO NOT get caught in the water with a detector in the "Treasure Coast" lease areas, the FEDS & Staties love nothing more than to jail you and everything you brought with you to the beach.

But your finds are yours in the dune toe to the low tide line~period.

If you happen to get lucky while swingin the beeper down Wabasso way and dig a silver Reale (or other goodies) it's yours.

As for the rest of the state, I don't see no date on it.
If they ever do get that picky I will personally send in every pop tab, foil bit, beer bottle top, and condiment package I find. :lol:
After all they didn't have dates on them so best to send them in!

Seriously though the only place it applies too you better not get caught with the beeper in the surf anyway.

~~Happy Hunting~~

Bonesquat is pulling our leg. He can't spell Federal Marshal right. I never knew one to be a beach Marshal, there would be a mass exodus for that position.:D:lol:

I've been a federal mashall for 54 years...you do the math. Last month alone I arrested 712 metal detectorists on the beaches here in North Alabama.

Ha-Ha, that's a good one bonesquat!!:lol: Perhaps some of our geographically challenged folks think there are beaches in northern Alabama!! Perhaps you could sell them some of that north Alabama beach-front property!

Bones post was great. I figured he would be arresting them to save the best areas for himself. :lol:

Book today!

Ha-Ha, that's a good one bonesquat!!:lol: Perhaps some of our geographically challenged folks think there are beaches in northern Alabama!! Perhaps you could sell them some of that north Alabama beach-front property!

If you're willing to surrender all finds 50 years and older I can sell you some of my beach front property in North AL. We have some properties on the beach that offer stunning views of the Sahara desert and our amenities our top notch. Oreos and milk are served every 30 seconds even during night hours. A federal mashalL will be your personal tour guide and assistant.

Call 911-911-0911 to book your reservations today!

Attachments

• North Al beaches.jpg
    North Al beaches.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 811
You don't need to take ANYTHING older than 50 years from that beach. It is against the law! I have been watching the beach detectorists for 42 years and have been arresting them with a vigor. I do NOT allow people to take away artifacts that are 50+ years old. If you try it you WILL be arrested personally by ME.

In section 1192 of code 91-2 it is illegal to take objects from the beach that were lost and will never be recovered otherwise. I'll see you in court!

Ya know what! I think I will come down there and rape and pillage all the beaches in your state...now you just keep yourself out there and try and find me! But one thing...I aint gonna tell you when I am coming or what beach I will be on any given day, so you better never sleep cause then is when I am there getting all the old goodies!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you denote a bit of sarcasm in my comments then you can realize how ridiculous your statement was!

"As for the rest of the state, I don't see no date on it.
If they ever do get that picky I will personally send in every pop tab, foil bit, beer bottle top, and condiment package I find.
After all they didn't have dates on them so best to send them in!"

LOL I first read that statement as beer bottle top, and condom package I find! :lol::lol:

You don't need to take ANYTHING older than 50 years from that beach. It is against the law! I have been watching the beach detectorists for 42 years and have been arresting them with a vigor. I do NOT allow people to take away artifacts that are 50+ years old. If you try it you WILL be arrested personally by ME.

In section 1192 of code 91-2 it is illegal to take objects from the beach that were lost and will never be recovered otherwise. I'll see you in court!

I've searched but have been unable to locate Section 1192 of Code 91-2, do you have a link?

All I know is if you have one foot on the sand and one foot in the water, they can't send you back to Haiti or Cuba. But if you have both feet in the water, they can send you back. Must be the same idiots who came up with the "50-year" rule!

That's stupid and i heard of that here in FL.

Ship them all back lol stupid rule. If you touch the beach you can stay if not no go. What is this marco polo lol

Also if i find treasure I'm not stupid ill take pics of it for you guys to see then hide it in a place filled with decoys. Only way to get access to it would be to torture me.

Let's see, Bonesquat said: "... I have been watching the beach detectorists for 42 years and have been arresting them with a vigor...."

Yet, if you check his profile page, he lists his age as 22 years. Maybe he is pulling all our legs? :roll:

Not to mention he is located in Alabama

I've searched but have been unable to locate Section 1192 of Code 91-2, do you have a link?

I can verify that this has been enacted in NJ. I was stopped by a uniformed officer yesterday after exiting a beach. My finds-pouch was searched and a ring with a date of 1917 inscribed inside was taken as evidence. I was taken to a police station issued where I was photographed and told I would need to show up in court in 2 weeks. They also confiscated my BHID but left me with my scoop. I guess they figured I didn't own more than one detector.

:mad:

Bonesquat, if you have any luck selling any of your beach front property in Northern Alabama, maybe we can strike a deal. I've got some beach front property here in central Kentucky i would part with for the right price. Heard a Egyptian Gold Ship sunk a few miles off the coast from my house! :lol:

Bonesquat, if you have any luck selling any of your beach front property in Northern Alabama, maybe we can strike a deal. I've got some beach front property here in central Kentucky i would part with for the right price. Heard a Egyptian Gold Ship sunk a few miles off the coast from my house! :lol:

How does sand around a kidde pool in Las Vegas rate as beach front? :lol: I would make these "confiscations" very public and told the officer that the 1917 ring was a good luck charm passed down through the family. They do have to prove things too and are open for lawsuits. :yes:

LOL I first read that statement as beer bottle top, and condom package I find! :lol::lol:

Yup found those to, at least the ones that are in the foil packaging!

And if they ever do get that stupid I'll drop all the garbage I dig in the mail and ship it to them!
lmaosmiley.gif

after rereading this entire Thread, I am off to find some local totlots to rape and pillage! I like the sand ones because the sand may have come from Bonesquat's north Alabama beach property and he won't be around to guard it! :lol::lol::lol: Nothing like siftin north Alabama beach sand....and if there is some of that sand that makes it here from Kentucky....and I find any Egyptian gold bullion or coins, ya just know I will let everyone know I found it!:lol::lol: TRUST ME! :lol::lol:

By the way, ...what kinda animal is that in your map of yer property? a curly tailed earless dog or ?????:?::?:

I posted this problem in another thread. I had wanted to metal detect the beach by my aunt's house out on Fire Island in NY. When I researched it, I found out that all of Fire Island is part of the National Parks Service and ALL metal detecting is prohibited. Thousands of people dig in the sand everyday as deep as they want. During storms much of the sand can be washed away. Yet, the government has decided that someone with a metal detector digging an occasional hole in sand that may not even be there tomorrow and certainly hasn't been there that long, is some kind of problem. So much for freedom.

Back
Top Bottom