Queen Victoria gold coin 1884.

Doug

Elite Member
2nd signal in this field up popped this gold coin.

Coin is quite scratched due to it being found on the *headland part of the field.

*A Headland, in agriculture, is the area at each end of a planted field. In some areas of the United States, this area is known as the Turnrow. It is used for turning around with farm implements during field operations and is the first area to be harvested to minimize crop damage.

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

Stubble field.
JEWGf8q.jpg

Just out of the ground.
st4JTrA.jpg

Mirror image.

4T4WDNH.jpg

Half sovereign.
84z8jCS.jpg

Coin is quite scratched due to it being found on the *headland part of the field.

*A Headland, in agriculture, is the area at each end of a planted field. In some areas of the United States, this area is known as the Turnrow. It is used for turning around with farm implements during field operations and is the first area to be harvested to minimize crop damage.

Stubble field.
JEWGf8q.jpg

Just out of the ground.
st4JTrA.jpg

Mirror image.

4T4WDNH.jpg

Half sovereign.
84z8jCS.jpg

Scratched or not, that's gold. Congrats!

Stubble field.

JEWGf8q.jpg

Just out of the ground.

st4JTrA.jpg

Mirror image.

4T4WDNH.jpg

Half sovereign.

84z8jCS.jpg

If I recall right there is a valuable variant of this coin. It has a roman numeral 1 instead of an i on it. My memory is a bit hazy on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So happy for you Doug!!!!

I appreciate how do more than just show the coin, but us details!!

Thank you for your views and kind comments.

Tractor raking the field next to the one I was in today, you can see the headland running up the field on the left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom