South Shore of Massachusetts

I live in wareham, and hunt Buzzards Bay, the Cape and surrounding areas. Most of my time is spent in the water, and I try to make it out a couple of times a week.

hey how's it going,,,, did a hunt yesterday in Plymouth and got a couple dollars in clad,,,,, I was just getting the depth of water where the machine was beeping like crazy but the water was too deep for my non submersible machine.. found a used a submersible forsale I just PM'd the guy on buying it so I'll be back to that spot once I have that machine.,, learned the loot is where the pockets are submerged.

currently have a tip from my elderly neighbor on a swimming hole that was a popular spot in the 50's but its all brushed in and normal pond look now,, I did find 1 silver qtr and old coppers there in the woods nearby a couple years ago,, its all woods now but used to be a recreation area with a rope swing..

anyone out here currently hunt alone?

maybe someone else knows better But think so because its not part of the CC national seashore but my hunt was fresh water.

Plymouth beaches are fair game. The National Seashore, state beaches and state parks are off limits. I know of quite a few spots to detect, and have spare PI water machines if you would like to try one. I will have lots of free time after Labor Day, let me know if you would like to plan a hunt.

Plymouth beaches are fair game. The National Seashore, state beaches and state parks are off limits. I know of quite a few spots to detect, and have spare PI water machines if you would like to try one. I will have lots of free time after Labor Day, let me know if you would like to plan a hunt.

Sounds good I actually just bought a brand new MXSport I plan to use mostly in fresh once i figure it out but would love to try a full ocean machine,,, I know a couple salt water spots I can repay and show you,,, as a beginner with a F2 I was finding buffalo Nickels and a lot of clad,,, beach was there in the 40’s my father played there. now it’s sea grass and mosquito traps and gravel that’s impossible with a basket scoop and tough on the leshe.

headed out in a couple hours, 5 hidden fresh beaches and 3 home sites...

UPDATE So for today I decided to just stay in the water cause it was nice to cool off but finding a spot that didn't have swimmers , 2 nickels, 4 pennies, 1 dime, one spinner bait and about 6 weights , a bunch of pull tabs and caps and a sweet 14k peace sign that's engraved "Ritchie", so Ritchie I thank you for the gift,,,,,, I need to get a long handle scoop it was tough trying to use a hand scoop in 5' water :laughing: lots of hits though once I get the beach scoop its over... also the MX Sport fully submerged with the waterproof phones worked flawlessly....

Last edited:
so what are those hunts do they hide stuff for you to find or people can just hit the whole property there?

might be interested if its free roaming but if its a bunch of people in one area nah Id rather go a couple towns over to the old P cav training areas..

Back
Top Bottom