Other hobbies?

Thank you,..tiger maple.,..oops,..perhaps you meant the hatchet handle. NOt sure about that one really...possibly curly hickory yes.

Ha ha, yes I would have guessed maple, only seeing the plane, but the axe handle suggested something different..

Way cool..

<°)))>{

Ha ha, yes I would have guessed maple, only seeing the plane, but the axe handle suggested something different..

Way cool..

<°)))>{

Yep,..more open grain,...not ash for sure so yeah probably hickory. They are #1 and #2 on the handle list for good reason. ,....and that dang boat of yours is insane!!,......man I love it.

Aaronc; How might one go about procuring a giraffe bone shoulder blade while residing in the U.S.? (More curiosity than anything.)

Roger

Detecting is definitely my #1, but right after that my next favorite hobby is motorcycles. I own a fairly popular motorcycle forum and love to ride!

HDRoadKing06.jpg

Other hobbies include guitar, shooting and collecting guns, hunting for Indian artifacts, and up until recently drag racing. Had to get out of that one though. Too expensive!

Detecting is definitely my #1, but right after that my next favorite hobby is motorcycles. I own a fairly popular motorcycle forum and love to ride!

HDRoadKing06.jpg

Other hobbies include guitar, shooting and collecting guns, hunting for Indian artifacts, and up until recently drag racing. Had to get out of that one though. Too expensive!

Very nice!

Speaking of guitars, Just pulled the trigger on a new PRS Custom 24 Floyd 10 top. Should be here tomorrow. Got my LP Supreme and a nice Strat but had no PRS's.

Very nice!

Speaking of guitars, Just pulled the trigger on a new PRS Custom 24 Floyd 10 top. Should be here tomorrow. Got my LP Supreme and a nice Strat but had no PRS's.

Thanks man! Thats a really nice guitar. BTW, I was just watching your Eagles cover. Sounded pretty dang good to me! :cheers:

Welp, it's a mixed bag for me...hunting as long as I can remember. That would be my #1. Gun and archery. For some reason I have an affinity for things with a german bloodline,..that spilt over into air rifles. Also like art,..used to draw as a kid and have picked it back up lately,..my kids into it. Presently working on my 2nd pen and ink. Have done some taxidermy years ago and still enjoy working with a euro mount on occasion. I'm pretty much an antler/bone addict. A few years back I picked up carving,..I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.,..have done a few powder horns,..enjoy scrimshaw. Another thing is I love tiger maple, my woodworking is basic but I do make some bases on occasion for some of my carving work and love to refinish old tools that I can find with "figured" handles on them.

The carvings are really neat! :hammerin: I like the first antler & the shoulder blade best. :thumbsup:

Guitars, guns and sailing...motorcycles were my hobby but, gave it up so I could live to do my other hobbies!

When I was younger my main pastimes were guns and riding my motorcycle. I never did drink because I figured that either of them could kill me if I didn't know what I was doing. I felt the same way about my tour in Vietnam even though I felt like starting more than once.

Back
Top Bottom