kenmore fridge.

metaladdict

Elite Member
Bought one brand new and it leaks on my floor! Very smelly.:mad:
Its a whirlpool .:mad:
My previous one was a kirkland(whirlpool):no::(:mad:

I had that happen. There was a black drain tube at the bottom back that had repositioned itself outside of the apparent drip pan. I had to move it around a bit to get it to stay where it was supposed to go.

Sucks when you buy something new that should work well and it doesn’t. Good luck man.

A few years ago we bought a Kenmore Elite fridge and it leaked right away. It had a tiny hole in the condensation drip pan. It was a manufacturing defect in the plastic. A service guy came out, swapped out the pan, and it worked flawlessly for another 10 years. We left it behind when we sold the house.

For what it's worth, Kenmore is a label and not a manufacturer. I'm pretty sure most Kenmore products are made by Whirlpool. Their fridges in particular. LG and Electrolux also makes some of the Kenmore branded appliances.

For what it's worth, Kenmore is a label and not a manufacturer. I'm pretty sure most Kenmore products are made by Whirlpool. Their fridges in particular. LG and Electrolux also makes some of the Kenmore branded appliances.

I meant to avoid whirlpool brand but you know Murphys law just wont get off my back.:lol:

Is that refrigerator made in the U.S. or was it outsourced? (this Kenmore). Never know nowdays. BTW, I bought a new Hotpoint (GE) 220v Electric dryer late 2016 and that thing totally died a month ago.

What's the world coming to :?:

After I remodled my kitchen with a new flooring, cabinets updated my appliances I had a bought $2200 Jenn Airr side by side a few years ago,
the compressor went out leaked all over the floor, the warranty covered it, But not the floor, the floor is ruined
got the jenn airr fixed, but six months later, It happened again...:mad:
And I was shopping for a new one,
now I've got a NOISY $400 MAYTAG

The worse part is there really isn’t much to a fridge. An insulated box with doors, compressor, evap, little heat strip, couple fans and some valves but holy ship you pay for the cosmetics!

Is that refrigerator made in the U.S. or was it outsourced? (this Kenmore). Never know nowdays. BTW, I bought a new Hotpoint (GE) 220v Electric dryer late 2016 and that thing totally died a month ago.

What's the world coming to :?:

Its made in Mexico but I am sure its just a bad design because its now the second whirlpool I have owned. I should have researched who made it first, DOH!!!! As Tom would say.:laughing:

We got a side by side stainless steel Frigidaire back in Jan of 2016 and besides the normal water filter replacement we only had one minor thing go wrong, last year the plastic door on the ice crusher housing broke which then only allowed whole cubes to dispense.

It was no big deal and I just very recently got the ice crusher housing replacement part (about $30) and fixed it myself and we now can dispense crushed ice again.

This thread got me wondering where our fridge was made, so I checked the info inside and our "Frigidaire" is listed as being under "Electrolux Home Products" out of Charlotte, NC (also lists "Electrolux Canada Corp" with a Canada location) but in big bold letters it says "MADE IN MEXICO" so while I wish it had been made in the US to support our workers here, maybe at least Electrolux insures there is good quality control at that plant.

In Historical consideration, modern refrigerators are relatively new inventions...It wasnt too long ago when we would be out in the dead of Winter sawing 500lb blocks of ice out of the lake, pulling them up on skids and dragging them home behind a big draft animal and putting them down in a hole encased in sawdust...

We got it pretty good today regarding indoor fridges and ice crushers and whatnot...not to mention microwave ovens, indoor shidders, compounding interest and 'instant on' lighting...

Just saying...I would guess 80% of the World's population has no idea what we are talking about...To the rest of the World, this discussion regarding 'leaking refrigerators' is like Arctic Eskimos explaining to Australian Aborigines about the trouble they have dealing with Narwhals...Or a NYC resident trying to tell a Kansan how tough they got it trying to hail a cab...or an upper Amazon indigenous explaining mosquitoes to an Arab....

But yeah, manufactured appliance quality control has sure gone into the crapper! The damned top of the line two stage snowblower with electric start and heated handles was all fussed up? Try getting any sympathy from a guy living in Miami! ...:laughing:

I hear ya bud. I worked appliances for about 10 years in the early 2000's. I wont buy frigidaire, maytag, kenmore, kitchen aide or whirlpool. Some of those may be the same company but all were the worst products with the most problems. Nowadays I guess it could be any of them. GE and LG were the ones with the least problems. Just got a new LG fridge about two months ago and no problems yet. Knock Knock. Almost got a samsung because our samsung TV worked for so long. The sales person said I shouldnt buy a samsung fridge so I didn't. Good luck to ya.

After I remodled my kitchen with a new flooring, cabinets updated my appliances I had a bought $2200 Jenn Airr side by side a few years ago,
the compressor went out leaked all over the floor, the warranty covered it, But not the floor, the floor is ruined
got the jenn airr fixed, but six months later, It happened again...:mad:
And I was shopping for a new one,
now I've got a NOISY $400 MAYTAG

Thats gotta suck. When I used to install appliances I did kind of a hokey job installing a water line to the fridge and it ended up leaking all over the customers new flooring that had just been replaced because of a different water situation. Damn cheep-o piercing valves, man did I feel bad. Another time, I installed a brand new free standing Viking ice maker. In this case there was a missing hose from the factory and it ruined their hardwoods through out the kitchen.

Bought a brand new Fridgidare last year as well since my old one was 20 years and very tired but still almost worked. Had the new one devilered and they took the old one away. Turned on just fine, lights, compressor running but 4-5 hours later it was still room temperature in the thing. Called up the Home Improvement box store I bought it from and the nearest replacement was a couple hundred miles away. Also snow storms in the area at that time so the quickest they could get me a replacement was like 2-3 weeks away. Asked if the truck driver could bring back the old fridge until I could get the replacement, already scrapped. I have a family of 6, I need a fridge and can't wait 3 weeks for one. After hollaring at them on the phone and talking to a few managers they were finaly able to bring a small one down that was a display model as a loaner. Was able to get by with it alright until they finally got a new fridge delivered. Then came the challenge of returning the loaner. I talked to the guys there at least a dozen times over a 4 week period. All I got was a call back and talk to so & so. Scheduled 2 different pickups and they never showed. Finally gave up, if they want it they know where to find it. A year passed and they never did come for it, finally gave it to my father-in-law who needed an extra to store his Coke in.

Back
Top Bottom