ENDED Guess my 2019 Clad - Deadline for Entries is March 31, 2019 @ 11:59 PM CST

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Welcome to my contest! :wave: The objective of this contest is to guess how many coins I find & and how much their face value is for my 2019 MDing season. :mder: If I find silver coins, cents pre 1959, nickels pre 1939, foreign coins, or any other coins not considered clad, they will not be added to my totals. :D Each member may guess once per week.

For your consideration, the ground will likely thaw in April or May and freeze again around the end of October or in November, leaving me with 5-7 months to detect. :( In 2017 I found 248 coins totaling $15.75, and in 2018 I found 152 coins totaling $10.40. However, this year, I will be using my new Garrett Treasure Ace 300, headphones, & digger (all from my 2018 FMDF Christmas Gift exchange partner, Silversmith45), and a new Pinpointer (which my brother gave me for Christmas). :mder:

Deadline for entries is March 31, 2019 @ 11:59 PM CST. I will announce the winner once the ground has frozen and I know that I will not be going out again for the year, probably in November. If more than one person guesses the correct number or amount, the first member that guessed it is the winner. If nobody guesses the correct number or amount, the closest to it is the winner. If two people are equally close, i.e. one above the correct number and one below, the closest without going over is the winner. The prizes are as follows:

• The first member that guesses the correct number of coins will receive an Indian head penny.
  • The first member that guesses the face value amount will receive a 35% silver war nickel.
Please use a similar format for your guesses: 000 Coins - $00.00. Please do not edit your posts. A post that has been edited will be disqualified.

Thank you for participating and have fun! :D

Last edited:
I really think you are going to ramp it up this year. I'll throw out a couple guesses: 942 coins; $97.60
Best of luck this year; to go with your new equipment and growing skills.

Cool idea for a contest! Just have one question though, what do you mean when you say "Each member may guess once per day". Does that mean I can submit 77 guesses (if I were to guess once per day until 31st march?). That'd be a lot of guesses for you to sort out...

This year you'll be finding 420 coins equalling $27.30 :) All the best for this year! :)

Cool idea for a contest! Just have one question though, what do you mean when you say "Each member may guess once per day". Does that mean I can submit 77 guesses (if I were to guess once per day until 31st march?). That'd be a lot of guesses for you to sort out...

Thanks for bringing that up. :D I thought about it more and would like to change it to once a week. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize how much that would be. :D I'm making a list of who guessed what, so it will be a lot easier to sort through the guesses. :research:

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask! :yes:

Last edited:
Update: Please post once per week. Thanks. :D I didn't realize how many posts that would be with my previous rules. Thanks again for understanding! :yes:

256 coins - $16.42

I hope you have a great season, Wolfie! Thank you for the contest, and God bless! :D

Back
Top Bottom