3rd Morgan of my Career...Hot Hunting in Hot Missoula

Buellride

Forum Supporter
A longer and more detailed report will follow next week (after we are with our hunt tomorrow). But I had to post the finds from today and a epic hunt in Montana with LovestheShiny and RainorShine. Super hot today in Missoula but the finds started coming and toward the end of the day I scored my 3rd Morgan in the last year and a 1/2. We all got silver today and along with 16 Wheaties I got 4 silver dimes and a 925 arrowhead pendant. The Morgan is a 1902 and is inset into a necklace bezel to make it a pendant on a necklace. I couldn't find the necklace;). Happy hunting and good luck to all

Attachments

• 20200711_155458.jpg
    20200711_155458.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 510
  • 20200711_175502.jpg
    20200711_175502.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 493
Very nice!! Loving this weather out here in Great Falls lately! A little hot but the wind finally died down lol! Awesome finds out there! Been wanting to get out to missoula and hunt for a while. Hopefully this year!

Thats Epic alright! Nice work Buell!:wow2::cheers3:

You should put it back where you found it though...Heck, you already have two others, most of us will only find maybe one or even NONE in our whole detecting careers! Leave something for the next guy! :laughing:

Sweet Morgan! Congratulations. 😁

Thanks Kevin!

Very nice!! Loving this weather out here in Great Falls lately! A little hot but the wind finally died down lol! Awesome finds out there! Been wanting to get out to missoula and hunt for a while. Hopefully this year!

DM LovestheShiny...I am sure he would love a partner. Thanks for the comment.

Thats Epic alright! Nice work Buell!:wow2::cheers3:

You should put it back where you found it though...Heck, you already have two others, most of us will only find maybe one or even NONE in our whole detecting careers! Leave something for the next guy! :laughing:

Of course, I always perform "catch and release" with my best finds. :D

Congrats on the big success in Moneytana! I was going to complain about it being your third, and call you a Morgan Hog or something, but considering that heat you were enduring, I'll say you deserve the great finds.

Congrats on your excellent hunt and all the silver especially the big Morgan. It's been almost 2 years since I joined the silver dollar club, looking to renew my membership soon.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

You found a MORGAN while hunting with David?? On his turf?? Ohhhhhh buddy! That’s rough! If you think you’re going back to Montana....I wouldn’t bet the farm on that!:lol:
Seriously, I’m sure he was happy as hell for you, it sounds like that entire state is LOADED! It’s awesome you guys were able to get together and have that kind of success. ALOT of forum members are VERY like-minded, I find that with every one I’ve met so far. Congrats on a great outing Buell!

Congrats on the big success in Moneytana! I was going to complain about it being your third, and call you a Morgan Hog or something, but considering that heat you were enduring, I'll say you deserve the great finds.

Yep, I am a Morgan hog....I'll take that badge 😆

Wow...she sure makes that Merc look small! N

Morgans consume everything around it 😉...I still don't understand how someone could lose something that big

Silver galore! Super finds!

excellent hunt, big silver is always fun to find.
jeff

Thank you both

Congrats on your excellent hunt and all the silver especially the big Morgan. It's been almost 2 years since I joined the silver dollar club, looking to renew my membership soon.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Good luck on your renewal 😀

Well I’ll say it. Morgan Hog !!!:laughing:

As stated....I will wear it proudly

You found a MORGAN while hunting with David?? On his turf?? Ohhhhhh buddy! That’s rough! If you think you’re going back to Montana....I wouldn’t bet the farm on that!:lol:
Seriously, I’m sure he was happy as hell for you, it sounds like that entire state is LOADED! It’s awesome you guys were able to get together and have that kind of success. ALOT of forum members are VERY like-minded, I find that with every one I’ve met so far. Congrats on a great outing Buell!

Yes David was awesome as a host and so welcoming in sharing the great state of Montana. Oh and just you wait to see what was pulled today! 😜

Great post Buellride! As "host" to this awesome pair of detectorists, I must say we had a ton of fun and made some bucketlister finds! RainorShine really scored today, Sunday! And yes, I was delighted to have my guests pull many wonderful targets!

I play keyboards at church Sunday a.m. so headed up after that to connect with the guys early this afternoon. They both already had multiple silvers and other very nice finds to be mentioned in a story I hope to post on Monday nite or Tuesday.

The way my digging was going tonight I figured a Morgan would pop out. Nice digging.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

WHAT ?:shock: UNBELIEVABLE ! Your third silver dollar ? Leave some for us mere mortals .:lol: Congrats Bull, sounds like you had a blast hunting with LTS. He does get on some good permissions. Good luck, Mark

Great post Buellride! As "host" to this awesome pair of detectorists, I must say we had a ton of fun and made some bucketlister finds! RainorShine really scored today, Sunday! And yes, I was delighted to have my guests pull many wonderful targets!

I play keyboards at church Sunday a.m. so headed up after that to connect with the guys early this afternoon. They both already had multiple silvers and other very nice finds to be mentioned in a story I hope to post on Monday nite or Tuesday.

I think a lot of folks are looking forward to your post.

The way my digging was going tonight I figured a Morgan would pop out. Nice digging.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Or a seated!!! :roll:

WHAT ?:shock: UNBELIEVABLE ! Your third silver dollar ? Leave some for us mere mortals .:lol: Congrats Bull, sounds like you had a blast hunting with LTS. He does get on some good permissions. Good luck, Mark

Mark, compared to the "west coast"...I will take PA for its historically old coinage. When I lived in Carlisle people were pulling seated coins and 1700s era coins like we get Rosies over here!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom