• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

anyone know anything about owning a pontoon party boat.

I know all about boats.
Basically all are money pits.
So you get one expect to spend loot on them.

So moral of the story.
Those bikinis will cost you.
Have Me.

Well Maxx...I'm a bit boaty and have a sparse observational knowledge about 'what wimmens likes' even....Putting myself in your shoes and thinking about what your intent is....? Making money as a tour boat operator?

So, I'd go with a low power but high torque 4 stroke!...like a 25hp Mercury Bigfoot....or a Honda, super quiet, for evening slo-mo shampain cruises around the lake that the Ladies would love!....They can talk and chitterchat about whatnot without the stink and noise of a high Hp gasoline engine!...just greasing along nice and easy!..As Capt Mike Jackson famously advised us: 'Keep on, with the 4 stroke, dont stop 'til you get enough!'

Making BANK! 3 gal of gas would last you a week! I'd also wear shorts and a captains hat, (commando) white shirt with the gold shoulder nautical lapels like the guy on 'The Love Boat'....and I'd have the dock boy them that I'm blind, deaf and dum! Got my ears shot off in the service! Got my eyes poked out by alkiada as a blackwater merc up in the Hindu kush, got my tongue cut off by the Rasouli of Addis Abadda...
also, I'm an aspiring vampire with pirate/werewolf propensities!...Seems wimmen nowadays have a thing for vampires and wolfmen and pirates and captains and war heros!!! I navigate via the 'Satellite Loran GPS' if any body asks...braille setting..and by the pull of the moon of course...like wild animals do....

Also! I'd have the dock boy tell them I can fly an airplane and am billionaire widower! As well as a trained and licensed shiatsu kundulini kamasutra master with a benign appendage..well, be eight actually...

You gosh darn skippy! Get a 25hp 4 stroke Bigfoot! You golden Brother! Act pensive and play it cool!..just drive the boat low and slow and see where it takes you!....:laughing: Pro tip: Stuff the cooler with Zima!:laughing: Rich Wimmen gobble this up like applebutter!

Capt. Steubing! Thats the Love Boat guys name I was trying to remember!:laughing:

Last edited:
Ok, purchased the boat in the picture. Turned out there is a long, long wait time for new boats due to people wanting to get out and do something because of this corvid-19 virus !!!!.

It is a 22 foot Sun Tracker, Regency sport fishing boat 2011. It is in cherry condition. Was kept in a covered dock with a cover on it and the previous owner was upgrading to a more expensive line of boats. I has a 90 HP merc and runs perfect.

Only one major problem that I don't know how to fix. A loud mouth know-it-all son in-law that has ruined the past two outings because he has never owned a boat be seems to think he has the right to tell me how to operate the boat.

Honestly he is ruining my purchase and enjoyment since my wife seems to think the sun rises and sets on this turkey.

Ok, purchased the boat in the picture. Turned out there is a long, long wait time for new boats due to people wanting to get out and do something because of this corvid-19 virus !!!!.

It is a 22 foot Sun Tracker, Regency sport fishing boat 2011. It is in cherry condition. Was kept in a covered dock with a cover on it and the previous owner was upgrading to a more expensive line of boats. I has a 90 HP merc and runs perfect.

Only one major problem that I don't know how to fix. A loud mouth know-it-all son in-law that has ruined the past two outings because he has never owned a boat be seems to think he has the right to tell me how to operate the boat.

Honestly he is ruining my purchase and enjoyment since my wife seems to think the sun rises and sets on this turkey.

Congrats on the boat !!!! :thumbsup:

:hmmm: .....how to be diplomatic but still resolve the problem :?:

Maybe get him his own copy of the owners manual and say that you thought he might appreciate this since he has such an interest in boats, at least that way his helpful suggestions should coincide with yours since they will be from the manual :lol: ....if it doesn't seem correct, just say "that's interesting, can you show me that in the manual so I can study it more myself ?" :lol:
arg-fish-story.gift57041.gifmisbite.gif

Congrats on the boat !!!! :thumbsup:

:hmmm: .....how to be diplomatic but still resolve the problem :?:

Maybe get him his own copy of the owners manual and say that you thought he might appreciate this since he has such an interest in boats, at least that way his helpful suggestions should coincide with yours since they will be from the manual :lol: ....if it doesn't seem correct, just say "that's interesting, can you show me that in the manual so I can study it more myself ?" :lol:
View attachment 468745View attachment 468746View attachment 468747

I was thinking more along the lines of he and I going out on the boat and beach on an island and ask him to grab a line and tie up to a tree and then just reverse the heck out of there before he gets to the tree.

I was thinking more along the lines of he and I going out on the boat and beach on an island and ask him to grab a line and tie up to a tree and then just reverse the heck out of there before he gets to the tree.

:lol: if it's really that bad maybe try to plan outings just on the days he has to work :lol:

:lol: if it's really that bad maybe try to plan outings just on the days he has to work :lol:

yes, it really is that bad. Wife thinks he is the cat's meow. Will probably end up in a divorce, but I am tired of him leaching off of us. Did I say he is an illegal immigrant? She has been pouring lots of $$$ down the rat hole to get/keep him out of jail from many times he has got caught without a drivers license. He and her daughter are holding my wife financially hostage because of two young grand children. What a soap opera.

yes, it really is that bad. Wife thinks he is the cat's meow. Will probably end up in a divorce, but I am tired of him leaching off of us. Did I say he is an illegal immigrant? She has been pouring lots of $$$ down the rat hole to get/keep him out of jail from many times he has got caught without a drivers license. He and her daughter are holding my wife financially hostage because of two young grand children. What a soap opera.

Wow, very sorry to hear that, I truly hope it doesn't cause a divorce, no marriage should suffer because of a third party causing trouble.

Wow, very sorry to hear that, I truly hope it doesn't cause a divorce, no marriage should suffer because of a third party causing trouble.

Well if it comes to that, I will move to an area with in 30 min drive to a good ocean beach on the east coast of FL.

Back
Top Bottom