• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

**Revived** Forum Member Map

It brings the FMDF Member Map a tremendous honor to include His Majesty among its participants! I secured His Royal Pin a touch south of Little Rock, between the Dominions of Windamere and Brittain, which have the ring of regal pedigree to suit his royal standing! ;)

His Majesty is royally grateful, Sir Master Map Pin Man!:laughing::laughing:

Add me in ... I was on the old one

S/W Ga area ... (Albany .. Corona Capital of the world here soon)
Coins and Relics

White's M6 w/multi coils .... TRX pinpointer and Lesche digger

You can pin me to Fresno CA. Looks like nearest compadre is in Visalia CA. Once we get past this COVID 19 silliness, perhaps we can share some hunts.

Thank you for your work. It seems like it would be a lot of work.

Keith

I am in Acworth, GA, use an AT Pro, and enjoy civil war relic hunting hunting! Love hiking and getting outdoors!

Got you added! Looks like you’ve got another member right in town - hopefully you can meet up

I'm on the map but moved. Are you able to move my pin to Kettering, near Dayton OH?

No worries - got you moved!

Add me in ... I was on the old one

S/W Ga area ... (Albany .. Corona Capital of the world here soon)
Coins and Relics

White's M6 w/multi coils .... TRX pinpointer and Lesche digger

Thanks, jbkelly - sorry your info got lost from the last one. Got you placed on the new one!

Thank you for your work. It seems like it would be a lot of work.

Keith

Got you added Keith, and thank you for participating! Nah, it’s pretty easy to maintain the map now - the time consuming part was the initial set up and transfer of the old data that was still left on the old map provider. But the Maphub service is pretty user friendly and easy....and free!

I don't see myself listed active or inactive, so feel free to add me. I'm here in Bedford, Indiana and broadcast it in my profile just in case.

Strange to see no one else listed nearby as I know of at least two locals that do (but good luck talking to them, they run for their trucks if anyone approaches), and a few others in nearby cities. I figured there was bound to be a couple friendly souls left in my area that I haven't crossed paths with at city parks/tot lots/schools/or such - I guess time will tell.

Strange to see no one else listed nearby as I know of at least two locals that do (but good luck talking to them, they run for their trucks if anyone approaches), and a few others in nearby cities. I figured there was bound to be a couple friendly souls left in my area that I haven't crossed paths with at city parks/tot lots/schools/or such - I guess time will tell.

Got you added TCJr, thanks!

Yep, detectorists tend to be pretty solitary in general, I think. Even the Friendly Forum member numbers bear that out - over 53,000 members listed, but only 174 participate in the map! Lots of those members are inactive, but there are also plenty who aren’t interested in joining up with others, find other ways to meet hunting partners, or don’t even know the map exists - heck, some flat out don’t like the idea of map, which is fine, too!

Hopefully it helps you out to find someone to hunt with. I think the map can be particularly helpful to more easily find a member who is willing to join up for a hunt when visiting or travel through an area that’s new to you.

Got you added TCJr, thanks!

Yep, detectorists tend to be pretty solitary in general, I think. Even the Friendly Forum member numbers bear that out - over 53,000 members listed, but only 174 participate in the map! Lots of those members are inactive, but there are also plenty who aren’t interested in joining up with others, find other ways to meet hunting partners, or don’t even know the map exists - heck, some flat out don’t like the idea of map, which is fine, too!

Hopefully it helps you out to find someone to hunt with. I think the map can be particularly helpful to more easily find a member who is willing to join up for a hunt when visiting or travel through an area that’s new to you.

Alright many thanks!

Wow, 174 from 53,000 only gives a 0.33% and according to my spreadsheet log is almost my percentage of silver coins versus clad finds. Well at least it's hope, much like thinking I'll find more silver next time out. :yes:

I didn't know this map existed either until I discovered the locked thread about finding hunting partners that didn't pan out. Had that happen myself actually, between distance and free time I guess people loose interest (or retreat back to their solitary ways).

Member's map?

Is it as simple as asking to be added to the map. If so...I'm politely asking. What is required of me besides my location (city/state)? Waxahachie, TX.

By the way, where is the map and how does one access it? TIA!!

Is it as simple as asking to be added to the map. If so...I'm politely asking. What is required of me besides my location (city/state)? Waxahachie, TX.

Yep, that’s all there is to it - got you placed! It’s entirely up to you, but you can let me know what type of hunting you enjoy (relic, coin shooting, beach, park, group/organized hunts, etc), the equipment you use, or any other details you'd like to add to your marker. Or just leave it as as - the choice is yours! :cool3:

By the way, where is the map and how does one access it? TIA!!

The first post on the first page of this thread has the link to the map and all the details about it. You can also click here to get to the map: FMDF Member Map

Please add me to the Map.

I am in Thomasville, NC 27360.
Retired and available to hunt any day.
I enjoy coin and relic hunting.
I use a Garrett AT Max/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT

Back
Top Bottom