It has been slow but I am happy to report in 👍

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
It has been a wile . I have not been hunting as often this year nor have I had a lot of success. Happy to stop in and have something to share .

Also to post up a walker half I found on a short little hunt Saturday and 5 more from an enjoyable hunt for a few hours this evening.
It cooled off nicely and my son Bret (AkA) Bert (AkA) Silver RainFish 😎
Was responsible for choosing the three locations.
The nice row of dimes down the right were his finds for the night .
Just a great evening after the last few weeks of heat.
Always great to team up with your son and bring home 9 together 👍
Than you for looking . The spoon type sterling I found earlier this year . I was hopeful someone may be able to let me know what it is . 🤔 hair pin .. or some kind of powder scoop ?

Thanks again guys .
Happy Hunting.
,Dew

Attachments

• EAA3C61F-A52B-445B-A027-06DF0FBB6FA1.jpg
    EAA3C61F-A52B-445B-A027-06DF0FBB6FA1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 3B06B3F1-186B-4C4E-AB60-E935DBC5259B.jpg
    3B06B3F1-186B-4C4E-AB60-E935DBC5259B.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 319
Awesome hunting! I wonder if that's a snuff spoon? Pretty cool, Congrats fellas!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuff_(tobacco)

I was thinking maybe a spoon for something else but with a bowl that big you’d be up for a month!:lol:
Awesome Brad and Bert! This summer has sucked pretty bad, after going to work in this heat I can’t imagine anyone has much energy left, especially us old people.
I’m having a hard time just getting up the ambition, and then even if I have that...ground is dry and targets are ultra sparse. To have a result like yours would be a dream right now. Love the big lady, my favorite coin design!

Dew attaboy on the big, medium and small silver. Congrats to your boy as well. I wish I could get my son interested in the hobby. This damn virus has put a hurtin on us, my last silver coin was March 13th and I've only had a handful of hunts since reopen. At least your silver train is still in the station. Good luck, Mark

It has been a wile . I have not been hunting as often this year nor have I had a lot of success. Happy to stop in and have something to share .

Also to post up a walker half I found on a short little hunt Saturday and 5 more from an enjoyable hunt for a few hours this evening. .......

A walker and that spoon make up for a lot missed hunts. Heck, GW quarters are a great find as far as I'm concerned. My initial reaction was also a snuff spoon.

Good grief, you guys killed it! Well done! :mder:

Thanks Anthony 🙂
You know how it is .
Take them when you can and enjoy the hunting .
I must try to remember to add in some of the unique items found along the way like you do .
I enjoy looking over all of the sweet silver and old copper all these gets post but the interesting odds and ends sure make me hit the zoom on my phone when you guys post them .
Heck even a square nail looks great under the lighting you use. .

Thanks again PB👍

A walker and that spoon make up for a lot missed hunts. Heck, GW quarters are a great find as far as I'm concerned. My initial reaction was also a snuff spoon.

Thanks TS .
I am happy as heck to find a quarter.
Those old guys years ago must have vacuumed them up like crazy.
Those guys were good👍
Happy hunting
,Dew

Dew attaboy on the big, medium and small silver. Congrats to your boy as well. I wish I could get my son interested in the hobby. This damn virus has put a hurtin on us, my last silver coin was March 13th and I've only had a handful of hunts since reopen. At least your silver train is still in the station. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark .
He didn’t get my new found addiction for a year or two.
I was a big fisherman, pretty sporty and a golfer .
Finally after he had been on the road for a few weeks (working) out of state and homesick .
He called on the way home said he would be hitting town about 9 pm and said let’s go digging.
That night in the dark on an old ball field under a perfect night sky I pull a ben Franklin out of center field .
The was an old style park natural hillside seating in a very very small town . and As i was looking around for him he was just relaxing
laying on his back in right field looking up at the sky.
He said... I get it now dad . This is great! Lets go tomorrow morning .
The next morning he pulled his first rosy .
On the way home he said he was hooked 😎
Don’t give up . To many distractions when they are young .
I recommend taking him along when you go with a few buddies .
He would likely make a few new friends (mentors). And figure out that it’s mostly an escape . It has been my experience that there are some Amaizing individuals who do this. Bigger then life personality’s and hearts of gold .
They will hook him for ya 👍

Happy hunting And thank you for the coments.
,Dew

I was thinking maybe a spoon for something else but with a bowl that big you’d be up for a month!:lol:
Awesome Brad and Bert! This summer has sucked pretty bad, after going to work in this heat I can’t imagine anyone has much energy left, especially us old people.
I’m having a hard time just getting up the ambition, and then even if I have that...ground is dry and targets are ultra sparse. To have a result like yours would be a dream right now. Love the big lady, my favorite coin design!

You too?
Ya bout ready to be taken behind the wood shed and put down myself .😳
Even tonight I sit here with all kinds of stuff to do and no gas in the tank.
Hang in the brother .
And damn I need a hunt with the old gang
Thanks for the reply.
We need to find some big old trees .
,Dew

Some very pretty shine there Brad for you both. You know I miss you guys but I'm happy that you got out a were able to share some quality time. I'd love it if my boy had a interest in this hobby. Big congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom