• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Getting permission

chackadaux

I have located a few potential old school site close to me. I found out who owns the vacant land and or houses. How do you all go about asking? Do you just drive up to the house and knock, or do you try to find someone that knows the people. Or do you try to get a number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Print out a copy of the map and have it in your hand when you knock on the door.
It’s less spooky for the owner If you immediately explain how you know their name and their property address. It also helps to say the word coins because most people know what a coin collection is and will understand what you are doing better that way. Don’t say that you are looking for valuable coins though. I always say I am looking for old coins like Buffalo nickels or Indian head pennies. Having a map in hand and coming across as a coin collector makes you sound intelligent and not like some random weirdo. This works, the reason I know is because I am literally a random weirdo and I get lots of permissions.

Print out a copy of the map and have it in your hand when you knock on the door.
It’s less spooky for the owner If you immediately explain how you know their name and their property address. It also helps to say the word coins because most people know what a coin collection is and will understand what you are doing better that way. Don’t say that you are looking for valuable coins though. I always say I am looking for old coins like Buffalo nickels or Indian head pennies. Having a map in hand and coming across as a coin collector makes you sound intelligent and not like some random weirdo. This works, the reason I know is because I am literally a random weirdo and I get lots of permissions.

That sounds like good advice from a random weirdo!😜

That made me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom