Video- Digger Dawn with her Garrett At Max

Years ago one part of my job I had was boarding foreign flag ships. I understood a Japanese crew better than when I had to communicated with a British crew.

Fun video, but crazy man. I understand her about like I understand Calabash. It's like they're from a different country. Wait a minute, she is.

Thanks for sharing.

Well you have to have grown up in the south to understand Calabash.

I was born in Ohio, in 2nd grade moved to middle GA. Had to learn how to understand the deep south accent. My 2nd grade teacher in Perry, GA had a deep low southern accent and I had a hard time understanding her.

The black accent was even more difficult for me to understand also back in the 50's. But I learned both.

If you think Calabash's accent sound's southern, you should hear me.

There is a you tube vid here where you can hear me.

You could be brothers. I love both accents because I grew up in middle georgia being a yankee whose dad was tranferred to Robins AFB in the 1950's.

As a boy growing up in the rural south during those times I had lots of fun and back then no drugs or alcohol to get in real serious trouble. Only trouble was smoking rabbit tobacco. Ugh was it strong!

I enjoy watching Dawn myself. I just looked up Calabash. I'm in Macon as well.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Southern U.S. is not hard to understand but British can be difficult. Also some Aussie's are tough to comprehend.
I love the accent of South Africans who speak Afrikaans.
I have a friend from there.đź‘Ť

I am still enjoying watching Dawn's videos, but she can' do much during Covid lockdown.
Although on one of her latest videos (In Jan 2021) she is looking back at her finds since
she's been detecting.

I can pick out maybe every tenth word that she says and understand it. I wish she spoke American. Calabash is easy to understand if you have ever spent some time in the south.

A lot of people in the UK have much stronger accents than Dawn.
Made worse when they speak so quickly. Being an Amateur Radio
operator I find it easier to understand people, although some still
catch me out.

Back
Top Bottom