Sterling Scissor grips

off the iron

Elite Member
Couple shots from my past few times out. Got a decent haul of wheats and 2 IH's, 1893 & 1881.

Got a pretty large aluminum token, sounded choppy in the ground. When I got it out of the dirt it rang in like a half dollar. It's got some decent corrosion on it, but I can make out The Northwestern Consolidated Milling Co. - from Minneapolis, MN. Crazy to dig it up in Mass, I did a quick internet search and seems to be from anywhere between teen's - 30's. Couple pics attached of what it looked like in new condition

Another cool find was the scissor grips, marked Sterling. Sounded like a junk aluminum can in the ground. Was a few inches deep and I lost the signal when I raised my coil off the ground, so I went after it. Also got a 1951 Rosie on that hunt as well.

Thanks for looking, hope everyone is getting out.

Attachments

• 1. $0.32.jpg
    1. $0.32.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 419
  • 4. Token.jpg
    4. Token.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 427
  • 5. Token.jpg
    5. Token.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 7..jpg
    7..jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 8..jpg
    8..jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 6. Group shot.jpg
    6. Group shot.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 4. Sterling scissor grips.jpg
    4. Sterling scissor grips.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 409
  • 5. Sterling mark.jpg
    5. Sterling mark.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 409
You know you've got money to burn when you own a pair of Sterling silver scissors! Definitely a rare find. Congrats!

You have some great recoveries Liam. The Sterling Scissors is very unique as is the Token. Congrats on the Rosie, Wheat's and the Indian's. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom