• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

If you only could have one metal detector what would it be?

Do you have extensive experience using any other machines, like an Equinox, CTX, Deus, etc?

Etrac,Deus, Explorer,alot of time,, equinox I have used a good bit but not as much as everything else.Not every machine is equal in different geographic locations . I know lots of people prefer this or that, but that's what works for them.Theres nothing that excells in ever soil and for everybody.

Etrac or any FBS machine. No others will touch these for coin hunting, what I do.

If all I did was hunt clean yards and cherry pick I would just break down and buy a CTX. Since my horizons are a little broader than that it's Equinox 800 all the way.

Probably the Equinox 800, for its versatility (beach, parks, gold prospecting, etc.)

I've owned an ATP, AT Max, Nokta Multi and now have a CTX 3030 that I mainly use to chase Colonial stuff. Like the bumper sticker says, "you can have it when you pry it from my dead hands". I love that machine, what a pleasure! I know what's under the coil all the way down to the different years of Wheat pennies.

Maybe this has been answered elsewhere in the forum, but does Equinox tell you which frequency is echoing the most when it senses something? That is, does it show WHICH frequency was most responsible and which was least responsible for the find? That is some data I would really like to have displayed during a hit with a simultaneous frequency machine.

Lots of them I would choose if my situation was different so here we go.

CTX or Etrac ... too heavy ( I have RA)

Equinox ... too worried about stories of flooding and I water hunt rivers more than land in the summer

Whites is out of business so worried about service

With all that said I would probably just keep my Simplex since it does everything I need it to. At least until Makro releases their new multi frequency machine that is going to be in the Simplex housing.

CTX3030.:laughing
for those who have the jack & money is NO problem like me...
for those on limited funds my other go 2 machine is atpro
and last what ever you use all it takes is to put your coil over it,,,,:p

Maybe this has been answered elsewhere in the forum, but does Equinox tell you which frequency is echoing the most when it senses something? That is, does it show WHICH frequency was most responsible and which was least responsible for the find? That is some data I would really like to have displayed during a hit with a simultaneous frequency machine.

No, it does not.

No, it does not.

That's a bummer. I'd like to see an onboard frequency response spectrograph, showing which frequencies are bouncing back more than others DURING a hit. That would be very educational. These advant garde companies don't really want to educate us, they want to dumb us down us to depend on them entirely. If that trend continues, I can see future generations of detectorists being a whole more ignorant than the older gens who understand the actual physics of their machines, not just the interfaces. I'd like to see some respectable geeks mod their Minelabs and Noktas eventually and see what they come up with. I'm talking outboard amplifiers and return-signal spectrographs. Then again, there's probably FCC rules governing such things which are really just veiled agreements with Big Tech to protect corporate interests.

That's a bummer. I'd like to see an onboard frequency response spectrograph, showing which frequencies are bouncing back more than others DURING a hit. That would be very educational. These advant garde companies don't really want to educate us, they want to dumb us down us to depend on them entirely. If that trend continues, I can see future generations of detectorists being a whole more ignorant than the older gens who understand the actual physics of their machines, not just the interfaces. I'd like to see some respectable geeks mod their Minelabs and Noktas eventually and see what they come up with. I'm talking outboard amplifiers and return-signal spectrographs. Then again, there's probably FCC rules governing such things which are really just veiled agreements with Big Tech to protect corporate interests.

I don't think they want to dumb us down, just protect their IP.

Back
Top Bottom