Help identifying bracelet

nostalgia083

I found this near my woods at a depth of around 6 inches. There's some engraving on the bottom of a latch but time has worn it.

You might need to take some better pictures.....these are so small and when you enlarge them, they are not very much in focus. The picture of whatever is written on the clasp is unreadable.

You might need to take some better pictures.....these are so small and when you enlarge them, they are not very much in focus. The picture of whatever is written on the clasp is unreadable.

They are large photos and detail is fine. Also,
"There's some engraving on the bottom of a latch but time has worn it."

You click the thumbnail and that takes you to a larger image on postimage. If you click that image, it will be shown full size.

DSCF7519.jpg

DSCF7520.jpg

DSCF7522.jpg

DSCF7527.jpg

The word on the bottom of the clasp is Taiwan.

Interesting. I can't make it out. Would you perhaps know how I might find a bracelet similar or other information to finding who made it or the frame that it was made?

Edit: On closer look, the figure looks like a kneeing person with some type of headdress and something in front of it with something coming out. Maybe Buddhist related? If not, maybe a Genie coming out of a lamp.

I asked on Reddit and someone said they bought something similar for their daughter and it was from Siam/Thailand in the 1920s to 30s.

Another person remarked that it reminds them of Balinese dancers.

Last edited:
They are large photos and detail is fine. Also,
"There's some engraving on the bottom of a latch but time has worn it."

You click the thumbnail and that takes you to a larger image on postimage. If you click that image, it will be shown full size.

Whoa nelly! :sissyfight: :laughing:

I saw what VA saw, no clue they were links (always view this site on my phone)...

Maybe try googling for “Thailand bracelet dancers“, that or weird alligator art :lol:

Whoa nelly! :sissyfight: :laughing:

I saw what VA saw, no clue they were links (always view this site on my phone)...

Maybe try googling for “Thailand bracelet dancers“, that or weird alligator art :lol:

Oh, no hard feelings about that. Yeah, someone also remarked it reminded them of Balinese dancers.

Edit: I believe the mystery is solved! I found this website I believe I found what it is. The bracelet looks like mine but it's blue instead of White.
"Delicate, vintage 1950/60s Siam sterling silver "Nielloware" bracelet featuring the Hindu god and goddess of thunder and lightning; the clash of the goddess Manimekhala's crystal ball and the god Parashurama's axe produces lighting and thunder."

https://beadparadise.com/products/delicate-vintage-siam-silver-bracelet-hindu-gods-and-goddesses

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom