Two nice Coppers at the Tri State Hunter's group Hunt! UPDATED WITH VIDEO

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
Yesterday we had the Tri State Hunters winter group hunt. It was at a large park in Newark, Delaware. We had around 55 people show up. Many had some great finds. I am having issues uploading photos from my camera & camcorder to my laptop. Once I get it working I will upload them as well. Large group shot too. Anyway as for my day we found about 6 foundations we were looking for. Most were extremely trashy. About 90 minutes into the hunt we spot an older pump house in the woods. I was getting a 12-45 on the Etrac and after pinpointing it went to 12-46 at 6 inches. Dug it out and it was a copper. After better washing at home it is a no date Draped Bust large cent. Nice. A few hours later we met up with another hunter in the group at a different part of the park. This park is 860 acres with very large hills. Took forever to get there. But once we finally did my first target was reading 12-46/47 at 8". Dug it out, used some water and clearly saw the date of 1817. A nice looking 1817 Matron head. Also dug the nice bell at this spot and my first dig of the day was the horseshoe. Hopefully I will get the picture and video issues fixed tonight and have them up as well. Below are some pics from my iPhone. Thanks for looking all and HH!!

VIDEO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3mxTO6ufQ

Attachments

• group 3.jpg
    group 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 583
  • group 4.jpg
    group 4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 543
  • group 1.jpg
    group 1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 542
  • group 2.jpg
    group 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 533
  • group 5.jpg
    group 5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 537
  • group 6.jpg
    group 6.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 536
  • group 7.jpg
    group 7.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 523
Great hunt Congrats on the 2 coppers. Best of luck for 2013. steve

Also during the hunt, myself, Rob (PaHunter), Anthony (anthony1207) and Frank (FrankinDe) were hunting a field at the park. Across the street is a state park and a big no-no in the state of Delaware. Well Im and getting ready to dig a signal when Anthony says we have company. I look up and sure enough a State ranger is in his truck. He starts talking to Frank who is only 21. I walked the 50 yeards or so and asked him if there was a problem. He asked if we had permission to be hunting there. I told him since this was a county park, we did not need permission and we just have to fill in our holes. He said ok and let us go. But he sat there watching us for 15 minutes probably trying to find a reason to boot us. My first personal run in with a park ranger...LOL

Bet that was fun, i hope to go on a group hunt soon, Congrats on the copper's and that bell is very cool !

Thanks

Thanks for having me down. Thats nice you came away with some goods.Congrats I spent to much time in the high grass , and should have followed you guys. Marc from Jersey got a nice Fatty IH and Flyguy got a great hankercheif slide. ( rare) never seen one like that before. Look forward to the next one.

CONGRATS on the Large Cents Sean :yes:

Looks like you are starting out the year strong...

I better get back out hunting soon, looks like I already got alot of catching up to do :cool:

Nothing beats finding the old stuff !!!

Congrats on the large cent. I think DE would be easier to hunt for me if I still lived there because everyone knows my dad so I just say hey do you know blah blah he is my dad. To bad I don't leave there anyone more that would come in handy but I cant complain living 3 blocks from the beach in jersey

Congrats on the large cent. I think DE would be easier to hunt for me if I still lived there because everyone knows my dad so I just say hey do you know blah blah he is my dad. To bad I don't leave there anyone more that would come in handy but I cant complain living 3 blocks from the beach in jersey

Who is your dad? Can I use his name?:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom