Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

Honestly I think OBN would be the prime test candidate, get it IN the water for extended periods of time under challenging conditions and not just swing it over some wet sand.

Rated to 3' depth for 4 hours?
That concerns me.
Why only 3'?
$1499 sounds great but not if I have to treat it like a pretty princess:no:
Put the AQ's guts into an Abrams tank of a housing, pressure tested to 200' with a 5-6 hr recharge life and 17 frequencies. Wait a sec...

But maybe not, i got the itch in the middle of the night :shock: , im here scratching Joe :lol: Craig edit my copy paste , i like to scratch and sniff- 1st :lol:

You posted it... you live with it... I will not edit the quoted post. :no:

Aqua........ thats 3.5 hours. Thats the one thing i whinned about from the beginning. But sounds like Joe and others have a plan. I believe that 3' rating comes from the IP rating of some of the components like the M8 connector. Likely under estimated, but with water pressure from wave and some who use pressure hoses to clean their equipment i see the concern. This is a PI so mostly wet sand and in the water so its going to get wet a lot. I hope Fisher gains some valuable info to be used in the digital version.

Found some M-8 IP69K cables for it,, 30v 3a....Harsh conditions .. one for the back would be the 90 then the battery would set under the cuff..away from any thing hitting them.. ..bad is they are day glow orange..and just a little to long but would cover all you need being they can with stand High Pressure washing without leaking. I still need to order and test, which maybe sometime.:popcorn:

Attachments

• OBN-0000.jpg
    OBN-0000.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 569
Found some M-8 IP69K cables for it,, 30v 3a....Harsh conditions .. one for the back would be the 90 then the battery would set under the cuff..away from any thing hitting them.. ..bad is they are day glow orange..and just a little to long but would cover all you need being they can with stand High Pressure washing without leaking. I still need to order and test, which maybe sometime.:popcorn:

Why couldn't Fisher just have contacted you and a few others on this forum ? This thing could have been out 2 years ago. And functioning properly without sacrificing their integrity. The more you keep posting on the fixes OBN , the more ridiculous this whole thing is. There must be alot of other underlying circumstances that many of us are unaware of. It just seems so easy to me after viewing your posts regarding the fixes. How come these engineers and experts can't figure this out ?

Why couldn't Fisher just have contacted you and a few others on this forum ? This thing could have been out 2 years ago. And functioning properly without sacrificing their integrity. The more you keep posting on the fixes OBN , the more ridiculous this whole thing is. There must be alot of other underlying circumstances that many of us are unaware of. It just seems so easy to me after viewing your posts regarding the fixes. How come these engineers and experts can't figure this out ?

X2

Really I would do this with any machine, I had plans for the Whites TDI BH (but seeing the AQ changed that), and I can't tell you how many mods I did to for the Excalibur. I sold hundreds of Pinpoint handles and other mods. It's not that there is anything wrong with the Excalibur or the Fisher "AQ" ..Both work fine as is.......Look how many use stock excaliburs and me, I hate stock excaliburs unless they have my modifications.... (And I have to be honest...The AQ is one good machine which is going to shake that gold tree in and out of the water ..) :imo:

Really I would do this with any machine, I had plans for the Whites TDI BH (but seeing the AQ changed that), and I can't tell you how many mods I did to for the Excalibur. I sold hundreds of Pinpoint handles and other mods. It's not that there is anything wrong with the Excalibur or the Fisher "AQ" ..Both work fine as is.......Look how many use stock excaliburs and me, I hate stock excaliburs unless they have my modifications.... (And I have to be honest...The AQ is one good machine which is going to shake that gold tree in and out of the water ..) :imo:

That's my point. I'm sure it's a good machine. AFTER YOU'RE DONE WITH IT. But what about the rest of us commoners ? We can't be all crying to you...

X3!!! That's what I said before.

After going back and forth about getting the AQ I've decided to try and land one of these limited editions. The reasons are numerous but the lower (not low) price helps. My recent retirement from full-time work gives me more time to detect and this may be the only opportunity I get to be on the ground floor of something groundbreaking.
If I am able to purchase one I will certainly provide lots of constructive feedback from both freshwater and saltwater environments. The limited battery life isn't a big concern- my battery modifications on the White"s Beachhunter gives me about the same run-time.
Exciting times!

The weather started getting rough...
After all these years , trials , posts ? Huh ? Still not figured out. Almost seems like they are cutting their losses. Did they just give up ? I gotta say Steve and Rick have pulled no punches. Straight shooters , no sugar coating the latest developments. I respect that. Disclosures have been made. Still seems like alot of risk and for $1500. Sorry , that is NOT a killer price to be a Guinea Pig. Why risk your reputation putting out a knowingly unfinished product before it's ready ? They are so close to the finish line.

You got guys here like OBN who whips up a battery , cable solution in no time and these guys can't. IDK. My experience with batteries is they never last as long as stated. I think we've all been on a good , solid hunt and our machine dies.
But 3.5 hours ? And then they sell an extra battery pack for how much ? I already fried my BH tdi because I thought I knew enough about batteries and charging. Expensive lesson.
I look forward to seeing how these guys do with these machines at their locations. I'm doing just fine with my current PI. But I have a few select locations where I know this would be a great machine , where my current machine just fails. Paying $1500 for the privilege of being a field tester with a knowingly substandard machine seems a little odd to me. Usually , it's the other way around. I had looked so forward to this PI. After 40 years of hunting beaches , I can wait another 40....

KOB, Maybe it's the optimist in me but I kind of see it a bit differently. I don't see it as cutting their losses- I think that Fisher wouldn't risk their reputation by putting 100 detectors into the hands of experienced, outspoken detectorists who could either promote the AQ or negatively impact the company's future business.
Unlike you, I don't think I have another 40 years to wait for the next big thing so I hope that this is it! If I am successful in getting one we'll have to meet up so maybe you won't have to wait that long! ;)

Compass / Rick / Cfm-ct reply/ OBN

Good luck , no credit card transactions, check only , who knows when you will get it, only 100 , and they have none in a stock pile ready to be shipped out :roll: , slow process , make one , send it to the next one- on the list , ill wait at least till they get a battery lasting more than 5 hour's , everyone jumping here, Mount Everest is a long way up hill to get one, by the time you reach the top , nothing in the stock pile, Rick , happy hunting. Reply - CFM-ct . They have a job opening up in Buffalo NY :police: , training , how to treat the elderly :oldguy:, :lol: you can use me for a reference , id think you would be the perfect hard core watch dog for the department :lol: Joe i think those orange cable's would go good with that big white coil , maybe they will think you are from another planet , like the father , and son that called me an allien at the beach with my ML green machine enhancement's , and stay away from you howboughtit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , but watch out certain color's attract those bull shark's buddy :shock::D

Last edited:
I decided yesterday not to join this first run...Wife and I are buying a house so it's simply bad timing for me to dip into the pot. I do like what I see so far. Battery life is on the low end but not a make or break thing for me.

Obn

I think Fisher should just hand over the parts to make the 100 over to you , since they want to unload that tied up cash , than COV-19 set in :roll:, now the slow roll out , and wait list For - only a few available, atleast we all will know the machine bug's would be gone buddy , enjoy your retirement , never come out of it Joe , you need to come down to the beach buddy :detector::kingdances::bowdown::thumbsup: :tropical:

At .19 when the coil is lowered sounds like an early TDI or later Goldscan... If he would stop talking is the threshold bumping at the end of the swing? Then again with a pulse that swing speed and the jerky swing is no help. Tone slides.

40 cm... Craig is it just me or does it seem like there is a hotspot on that coil. That signal is definitely drifting, a lot...

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but near the end of the video... When the target is out of the hole, I normally like to stop digging. :shock: Are these testers???

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/12788-latest-impulse-video/

Why is it that everything about this machine strikes me as odd??? It has been pumped, pushed, talked about for years. Rick gets one... It is non operational upon arrival. Gets a second, he sends it out to be tested by someone else. I wanted hard facts, he brushed off my questions or answered with buzzwords. He does not even introduce it... someone else does. But it's so much better, how many have said how good it will be with nothing to go on or compare to?

Then this... Seriously... Go down half the page... Look who is recommending a battery modification. Been working on it for 3 years and get a "limited" do it yourself machine?

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...e-battery-for-impulse-aq-ltd/page/4/#comments

I have held my comments on this. Just watching... But I bet Fisher dealers really like this, something to get warm bodies in a store, considering everything that has gone on and they finally reopen and get cut out of the loop. Another great decision. Buy a machine, be a tester (“experienced beach hunter”), so Fisher does not have to pay for R&D. When looked at that way, not a good view either..

Last edited:
At .19 when the coil is lowered sounds like an early TDI or later Goldscan... If he would stop talking is the threshold bumping at the end of the swing? Then again with a pulse that swing speed and the jerky swing is no help. Tone slides.

40 cm... Craig is it just me or does it seem like there is a hotspot on that coil. That signal is definitely drifting, a lot...

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but near the end of the video... When the target is out of the hole, I normally like to stop digging. :shock: Are these testers???

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/12788-latest-impulse-video/

Why is it that everything about this machine strikes me as odd??? It has been pumped, pushed, talked about for years. Rick gets one... It is non operational upon arrival. Gets a second, he sends it out to be tested by someone else. I wanted hard facts, he brushed off my questions or answered with buzzwords. He does not even introduce it... someone else does. But it's so much better, how many have said how good it will be with nothing to go on or compare to?

Then this... Seriously... Go down half the page... Look who is recommending a battery modification. Been working on it for 3 years and get a "limited" do it yourself machine?

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...e-battery-for-impulse-aq-ltd/page/4/#comments

I have held my comments on this. Just watching... But I bet Fisher dealers really like this, something to get warm bodies in a store, considering everything that has gone on and they finally reopen and get cut out of the loop. Another great decision. Buy a machine, be a tester (“experienced beach hunter”), so Fisher does not have to pay for R&D. When looked at that way, not a good view either..

I believe Magus just got it from Alex T..first time out. He was talking about it as he was swinging...And they were showing him some details ..From what I can understand....
Kind of funny,... the end of the video they drop the target on the ground and everyone is backing up, and chattering like it's was something dangerous.
Hard facts are coming soon, Steve H is a experienced PI hunter...AND a honest one.

I think Fisher should just hand over the parts to make the 100 over to you , since they want to unload that tied up cash , than COV-19 set in :roll:, now the slow roll out , and wait list For - only a few available, atleast we all will know the machine bug's would be gone buddy , enjoy your retirement , never come out of it Joe , you need to come down to the beach buddy :detector::kingdances::bowdown::thumbsup: :tropical:
Thanks Earl, I happy doing what I do now...And that's not working on other peoples detectors and being a Pirate.....old pirate that is...

Steve Herschbach will give everyone a full report I'm sure...

Thanks buddy for the invite, right now I'm taking care of mom...
Someday maybe I can meet the young Russia lady in your life...:thumbsup:.

lol

Your probably better off in the bay, big boardwalk brawl , then between 6 and 7th streets a stabbing, hope the counsil takes care of that before things get out of hand , a meeting was held behind closed doors . sharks showing up down here , not good :shock: , enjoy life bro. happy hunting Ring daddy :detector::digginahole::beers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom