Gold ID? Poll!

0z0ne

On average, how many times out of ten would you say your gold finds ring in as PT's? Doesn't matter what detector you use, I'm just curious to learn what everyones experiences are here. By sound or by your ID numbers, please share! If you prefer percentages, please use em!

Also, if you feel that gold is IDed under something other than a PT on your machine, please share that too!

Thanks!!

0z

I have a 180 meter on a minelab elite and pull tabs that are in perfect shape read 154-155,out of 80 plus gold rings I have 2 that came up with this number. a broken pull tab comes in at 136-148,Nickels are 148,I have 10-15 rings that fell within this range...the lowest # on gold was 108 and the highest # was 162

Excellent Sea!

Thanks very much for your input! I don't know why I spaced on nickels too since they are in the same range.

I don't know, but thanks!

both gold rings I found with the ACE250 rang as the space between nickel just under the .01...this is also where most of my foil and PT's ring. probably why I don't find that much Gold!

Every gold ring I tested "about 12" come in around pulltab range 12-20 / 12- 25 but my tone is way more solid than the warble of a pulltab and they are "always"! 12 on the FE side so its easy to tell if its a pulltab just by the sound.

I dug them all except the top 2 old style wedding rings on left and the chain on the bottom right which right I already owned.
These readings were the same on an F2 and a Vaquero.
All were solid signals.

I found most of these after I read a post last year from a member who said the best thing he ever dug came in as foil.
From that moment on, my disc was always set a little below foil, and I have slowly lowered it down even further as time went on.

Some guys won't bother to dig zinc signals.
The huge class ring is the reason why I always dug zinc before I found it, and the reason I will always dig them till the day I can't hunt anymore.

These are all great reasons why when people that were successful said dig it all...I listened.

Attachments

• all gold.jpg
    all gold.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 275
Wow!

I'm glad I'm getting such great feedback from everyone :)
I figured I'm not the only one with this question, so why not, right ?

Thank you kindly! Your contributions are highly valued :D
I suppose I should start digging everything, eh?

I try and dig it all, but I won't deny that I sometimes pass over foil and iron :$

Mostly real fine chains and small gold pieces come in near iron and a Compadre will pick these up, but it is very hard for most other detectors to see these.

Now foil is where a lot of nice rings and other gold objects hang out, and all detectors can hit on these.
The question is, is it foil or is it gold?
That's why I always dig foil because you just never know.
I have dug a ton of foil in my time, but I have also dug a couple of nice gold rings that makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks digger!

I know I've not many hours on my machine yet (probably 25 or so), but I will say I don't hit foil much!

I will make sure to dig her up for sure, now!

Thanks all!

The only gold I have been lucky enough to find was a 10k mens class ring. It rang nice and clear as a zinc penny on my Whites.

An indicator that you are in gold country is if you are getting nickels, they go hand in hand . You wont always get the gold but if it's there and you are getting a couple of nickels or so then you will. Today I dug 80 coins, 16 were nickels - but no gold.

So far this year I have dug 700 nickels and 25 solid gold items. Since I realized this some years ago my finds have skyrocketted. Steve in so az

Dime, huh? Now that is interesting.
Didn't think any size gold would go that high.

It did, and it was a very insistent signal which is why I dug it. It was not a particularly big piece of gold. If you notice in the photo below the 14K gold portion is the small piece mounted on the white that contains the stones. The larger back is gold-fill so maybe that’s why it gave me the dime signal.

picture.php

As everyone else has mentioned, and as you can see from my pic, I have also dug gold at not only foil, but nickel, tabs and zinc.

I sent away for some of those x ray specs in the back of an old magazine to help me in zeroing in and digging less trash, but alas, they don't seem to work...so I dig.

Back
Top Bottom