*solved* E-trac battery pack, NIMH, can't open. *solved*

Bonesquat

Elite Member
I don't want to break it. I pressed on the little yellow tab cannot remove the cover for batteries! :( Just want to try out this machine.

The yellow tab is for removing from the detector. You don't open the rechargeable batteries but rather use the enclosed charger.

Yeah you cant open them. The rechargeable in mine died and I tried to remove them but they must glue the battery tray shut. I was hoping to just replace the old rechargeables with new ones, close it back up, and use the stock charger to charge it but it is sealed up pretty well. You could probably pry it open and replace the old ones with new ones but its tough. With an e-trac your batteries should still be good since the e-trac is a fairly new model, I would just plug the pack in and charge it, see what it does but they are not made to be opened or removed individually.

Yeah you cant open them. The rechargeable in mine died and I tried to remove them but they must glue the battery tray shut. I was hoping to just replace the old rechargeables with new ones, close it back up, and use the stock charger to charge it but it is sealed up pretty well. You could probably pry it open and replace the old ones with new ones but its tough. With an e-trac your batteries should still be good since the e-trac is a fairly new model, I would just plug the pack in and charge it, see what it does but they are not made to be opened or removed individually.

I just used my hand and pressed down and pushed really hard and the glue came undone! :lol: I hadn't even noticed there was an alternate battery pack IN the detector. We can close the thread. Sorry! Dur moment.

I actually did read the manual and it showed how to take the cover off the battery. It never said another battery pack was included! Arg.

You will be quite fine. You'll find out just how sturdy it is after a while. I've got buddies that just throw there's in the back of their truck, Ugh I can't do that with that much money........... Slow down and let it teach ya it's language. The best thing to do is sit down and scroll through all the menu's sitting on the couch getting familiar with it. It's very simple actually. Lot's of built in features that make it a great machine.............

I actually did read the manual and it showed how to take the cover off the battery. It never said another battery pack was included! Arg.

Lol this is true. I knew there was an alkaline pack but they both look the same. They should of color coded the tab or something.

Back
Top Bottom