Defective Metal Detector? - R/C AIRPLANE!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went to do a huge tot lot that I tried once before to do (but didn't get much done because my batteries died and I wasn't carrying extra at the time.)  Anyways, today I head off with my son.  After  about 1 1/2 hours, I had found over $2.00 in clad, 2 silver rings, and 2 die cast toy cars among the goodies! :grin:   And I still hadn't even done a 1/4 of it.  Then I notice my 3300 starts to behave erratically, beeping off and on and the pinpointing is very staticy.  My son sees a guy flying his really cool re-chargeable radio-controlled airplane about 75 - 100 yards away.   I check the coil nothing on it.  :?:  I take it out of the sandy area and use in nearby grass.  Still the same problem.  Even with my coil off the ground and pointed in the air it beeps uncontrollably and I begin to get dissapointed :(!   Now I'm thinking I am going to go back to Radio Shack and exchange it for another one, if they still have any.  :(   I go home take off the coil cover, turn it on inside the house some beeping, and noise.  And then I rember the electrical interference jargon about the stuff inside the house, so I take it out to the yard and its working fine again.  I then remembered the guy with the R/C airplane back at the tot lot!  :shock:  I am still not 100% sure but I really think that's what happened!  So hopefully that's what it was and all is well in the world again! :yes:   I wonder how many of you have had the same experience?

WHere did you get a coil cover for it I could use one for my son?

FelixtheCat said:
I went to do a huge tot lot that I tried once before to do (but didn't get much done because my batteries died and I wasn't carrying extra at the time.)  Anyways, today I head off with my son.  After  about 1 1/2 hours, I had found over $2.00 in clad, 2 silver rings, and 2 die cast toy cars among the goodies! :grin:   And I still hadn't even done a 1/4 of it.  Then I notice my 3300 starts to behave erratically, beeping off and on and the pinpointing is very staticy.  My son sees a guy flying his really cool re-chargeable radio-controlled airplane about 75 - 100 yards away.   I check the coil nothing on it.  :?:  I take it out of the sandy area and use in nearby grass.  Still the same problem.  Even with my coil off the ground and pointed in the air it beeps uncontrollably and I begin to get dissapointed :(!   Now I'm thinking I am going to go back to Radio Shack and exchange it for another one, if they still have any.  :(   I go home take off the coil cover, turn it on inside the house some beeping, and noise.  And then I rember the electrical interference jargon about the stuff inside the house, so I take it out to the yard and its working fine again.  I then remembered the guy with the R/C airplane back at the tot lot!  :shock:  I am still not 100% sure but I really think that's what happened!  So hopefully that's what it was and all is well in the world again! :yes:   I wonder how many of you have had the same experience?

Back
Top Bottom