• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ace 250 and headset

Scrltt641

I've been using a nice headset with my White's Prizm III, and wanted to try out my new Ace 250 with the same headset. However, without the headset, it will beep, etc. But nothing comes out through the headset on the 250? What is my problem? My headset is pretty nice, and has volume control on both ears, and stereo and mono on it, as well.

I bought a lightweight headset for summer, since the regular ones are great in the winter, especially against the wind on my ears, but the lightweight set has no volume control. I tried them with the 250, and it was so loud, I couldn't stand wearing them? Any suggestions for me, please?

Scrltt641

Compare the plugs of these headsets. Put them side by side and see if they are any different. Maybe the one you use with White's has slightly different length contacts and the jack in Ace won't connect.

Voriax

Sounds like the Whites headset is a Mono set and the other is stereo. All new machines will only operate on stereo headsets now. Get a set with a mono/stereo swtich on them and volume controls and you can use them for both

As Jeff said, make sure the switch is on stereo, I also have an Ace 250, the headset's stereo setting let's them beeps come though.

Thanks, guys. I'll try that stereo switch when I get home today. I do want to practice with my new ACE 250. Many thanks, all.

Scrltt641

Okay, kids, here's the scoop. I tried the stereo, and the mono, on my Vandon headset in the Ace 250. Still didn't work with it. Only worked with my White's Prizm III. And again I tried the lightweight set with the Garrett 250, and since there is no volume control on either ear, all I get is very loud volume on it.

I called Garrett and ordered one of their headsets that has volume control and mono and stereo on them. They're also kind enough to send me a free DVD to operate the machine, and a free set of nuts and bolt, in case I lose one. Dang, they're nice, nice people with great customer service!

Scrltt641

P.S. I can't wait to get these things, since I haven't been able to take out the yeller feller (or bumblebee, as I call it).

This is why I like headphones with a detachable lead.
If I use my headphones on my Hawkeye, I need the lead one way around, on the Garrett, the other way.

One end of the lead has a mono jackplug, and stereo the other end.

Now I have two pairs of headphones, and carry a spare lead.
You don't want to be stuck miles from anywhere without a usable pair of "phones".

I always carry two spades as well. ;)

Woo Hoo!! I got my new Garrett headset delivered last evening, so today I'm going to go out and give the Ace 250 a whirl, finally. Can't wait.

Scrltt641

Back
Top Bottom