• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Target ID vs. Discrimination Scale: Same thing?

DorkyDeric

Okay, so I am trying to soak up EVERYTHING and learn all I can. Since I got the "Nox 600, I want to do my best to learn this machine so I can get the most out of it.

As I am reading up on Target ID and the Discrimination Scale, is it basically the same thing?? For example, if you have a penny, will the target ID always be around 23 and the disc scale be at midway? I get the target ID will be the same, that makes sense, but the disc scale? I am not understanding the difference between the two things. Will most trash items be 21-22 and under and on the low end of the disc scale (if you are talking about clad and jewelry type of items)? I have been getting a lot of use out of it the last week and I feel like I am learning a lot. But, this part is still confusing to me. Thanks!

Will most trash items be 21-22 and under and on the low end of the disc scale (if you are talking about clad and jewelry type of items)?

Never mind about this comment, after looking through more posts, I am finding that gold and other coins can come in lower than 21-22. Sooo, yea... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom