BH Ground Grab feature (Yes or No)

DorkyDeric

So, on my "new to me" MD, I am seeing this "Ground Grab" function. I am reading about it in the manual and wondering how effective and worthwhile it is. Also, is it something that would need to be calibrated each you search a new area, or is it only once when you are setting up your permanent setting? Does anyone have any experience with this and have any thoughts about it? Thanks! (Shoot, I posted this in the wrong section and can't figure out how to fix it!!)

I'm new to manual ground balance also but I reset the ground balance every hunt and several times within a hunt. It only takes a second to do it. I does not effect the factory programs. It will only change the ground balance in Mode 2, 3, 4, and all metal. In my area it will change the preset ground balance from 82ish to between 50 and 60.

Does it make a big difference? The detector seems more stable or less chatter. I can't say it finds something deeper.

Ken

Ground balance zeros out the ground making it easier for you metal detector to separate non ferrous targets from mineralized ground and iron. This will give you greater stability and more accuracy on deeper targets and allow for higher sensitivity settings. Plus it will reduce ground chatter and falsing making for easier and quieter detecting.

It will be more noticeable in harsher ground and/or iron infested ground. But if the ground is closer to neutral and/or less iron trash in the ground, you probably won't see much if any change in the detector.

If you are getting a lot of chatter, or your ID is jumpier than normal, or low depth, plus the threshold is nulling a lot, you can benefit from a ground balance.

Back
Top Bottom