XP Deus ID Norm

beephead

Elite Member
If you set up a program with your remote using a 12kHz setting with the ID Norm 'OFF" and turn off your remote, will your WS4 or WS5 headphones show the ID number on a clad dime? On a dime I get 88 ID on the remote and a 91 ID on the headphones in the same saved program after I turn off the remote.

beephead

If you set up a program with your remote using a 12kHz setting with the ID Norm 'OFF" and turn off your remote, will your WS4 or WS5 headphones show the ID number on a clad dime? On a dime I get 88 ID on the remote and a 91 ID on the headphones in the same saved program after I turn off the remote.

beephead

I think you have your last statement backwards.
I tried my unit.
With normalization selected using 12khz I see 91 in the window(clad dime) for ID (ID norm yes selected in saved program btw).
If I turn off my remote I see 87 in my headphone module.
It appears the normalization process is being handled solely by the remote.
The normalization portion evidently is saved alright but only in remote not headset module.

Good info here btw from you beep head.
Another reason to have a remote, vs Deus lite version.

Last edited:
Does your detector do like mine as I reported above?

Yes. On the remote I set the ID Norm to 'on' and I get a 91 ID on a clad dime and when I turn the remote off, I get a 91 ID on a clad dime on the headphones.

It's doing it on both my WS4 and WS5 headphones. It's not really a big deal, because I never look at the ID numbers on the headphones anyway. But, I still would like to know what's going on. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I spent a lot of time with Mo on the phone today trying all kinds of different settings and setups. He must take some kind of sedatives because he was as cool as cucumber walking me though everything. He said that he'd get back with me tomorrow when he finds out what may be wrong.

beephead

I've seen a 88 for a dime on remote before but never seen 88 for a dime when running deus lite. One question comes to mind is are you running a slightly negative ground balance with the remote ?Get a 88 on a dime again, re ground balance to see if the id changes.

Yes. On the remote I set the ID Norm to 'on' and I get a 91 ID on a clad dime and when I turn the remote off, I get a 91 ID on a clad dime on the headphones.

It's doing it on both my WS4 and WS5 headphones. It's not really a big deal, because I never look at the ID numbers on the headphones anyway. But, I still would like to know what's going on. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I spent a lot of time with Mo on the phone today trying all kinds of different settings and setups. He must take some kind of sedatives because he was as cool as cucumber walking me though everything. He said that he'd get back with me tomorrow when he finds out what may be wrong.

beephead

Alright I am running version 4 on 2 complete full Deus units.
Both are doing the same thing,
Meaning if I save a program with normalization selected using remote (saved program), and switch off remote and leave headphone module on, sweep a clad dime in 12khz you get an 87 in the window (this would be a non normalized ID of clad dime in 12khz).
Remotes indicate 91 in the window with normalized selected (saved) using 12khz on clad dime.

Both units I have behave the exact same way,

I can even switch off the remote with saved program with headphone module switched on.
Then,
Turn off the headphone module.
Then switch just the headphone module on, with my program selected with the 'supposed' normalization ON selected, and yes get the same 87 in the window in 12khz.

This is airtest btw with 90 gb reflected.

Tnsharpshooter, mine is doing just the opposite. I save my 12kHz programs on the remote with the ID Norm off and the headphones will change my 12kHz saved programs to ID Norm on and give ID numbers like a 18kHz program would.

beephead

Tnsharpshooter, mine is doing just the opposite. I save my 12kHz programs on the remote with the ID Norm off and the headphones will change my 12kHz saved programs to ID Norm on and give ID numbers like a 18kHz program would.

beephead

Interesting.
Would like for some other folks with Deus units to weigh in here.
To see how their units function.

My Deus works fine. When I switch my programs on the ear puck after shutting down the remote my visual ID numbers on the puck correspond to what ever khz my program is.

When i turn off my remote, my headphones only show 91 no matter if i've selected and saved norm or not.

Does that happen when you save a program using 12kHz on your remote?

I'm getting 88 on a clad dime on the remote and 91 on the headphones in the same 12kHz program when I turn the remote off.

beephead

Tnsharpshooter or anyone else, build and save a program using 12kHz on your remote with the ID Norm OFF, turn off your remote and look and see on your headphones what the ID is on a clad dime. It should be 87/88, the same as it is on your remote. It's not on mine. I get 87/88 on the remote and 91 on the headphones.

Some people save settings with their remote and just use their headphones when they're out detecting. How can they really be sure that all the settings in a saved program are transferred to the headphones in light of the ID numbers not matching? What are the hidden 'silencer' and other settings on the headphones?

There has to be someone who knows why people are getting different ID readings. Are they suppose to be different or do they suppose to be the same? I hate not knowing! If I don't find out soon, I'm going to pull out another detector that I know what's it's doing and start using it.

beephead

DSC03158.JPG

DSC03160.JPG

DSC03162.JPG

DSC03165.JPG

Tnsharpshooter or anyone else, build and save a program using 12kHz on your remote with the ID Norm OFF, turn off your remote and look and see on your headphones what the ID is on a clad dime. It should be 87/88, the same as it is on your remote. It's not on mine. I get 87/88 on the remote and 91 on the headphones.

Some people save settings with their remote and just use their headphones when they're out detecting. How can they really be sure that all the settings in a saved program are transferred to the headphones in light of the ID numbers not matching? What are the hidden 'silencer' and other settings on the headphones?

There has to be someone who knows why people are getting different ID readings. Are they suppose to be different or do they suppose to be the same? I hate not knowing! If I don't find out soon, I'm going to pull out another detector that I know what's it's doing and start using it.

beephead

I saved a program using 12khz id norm off.
Swept clad dime =87 in window of remote.
Turned off remote, and swept clad dime watching headphone module=87.

I would suggest if you haven't done to reload 4.0 version.
Or even try to load 3.2 and check your unit.
I would try both versions and see what happens.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom