Losing trust in my Sunray?

beam

I'm starting a youtube channel and did my first hunt/recording this past week. It was an epic failure...all of the clips were erased from my card except two.

One was a live dig I did on a target I was actually excited about. Deep, conductivity in the 40-41 range (can't remember the ferrous). Anyway, I dug down and the Sunray didn't hit it...so I dug deeper...still nothing. I widened the hole and still nothing.

Occasionally it would sound like it was hitting the target, but then I would clear out dirt and get nothing. I didn't even really hear the detector null out like it would on iron. It would chirp erratically though which it does sometimes on manual sensitivity. If you watch the dig, you'll see me switch to auto-sensitivity and I also switch to quick mask mode which is wide open. So if there was iron to be found, it should have hit on that.

Wondering what you guys think. Should I have stuck with this target? Now that I watch myself...am I too "jittery" with the probe? Do you think that my probe has issues? I used it that whole hunt and it found targets.

Maybe I was just nervous making my first video and didn't take my time like I should have.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great video and don't worry you are not the first to cover a hole back in without taking anything out of it. How about a link to your channel so we can subscribe.

Back
Top Bottom