Whites TRX pointer Ratchet feature

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Using the ratchet feature on the TRX to close in on a target reduces the power/beeping during location. If for some reason you are ratcheting in on a target and a little dirt falls on top making the pointer not want to locate. Just raise it up and give the button a push. Away from the target it will set the pointer back at full power so you can ratchet back in to locate again.

Very useful and unique idea...really like the new TRX ...surprised at all the propointer owners who haven't seen or used it who are haters already...lol...

I have 2 propointers and they find targets but they are not even in the same class imo. It's almost like comparing a harbor freight pp to a propointer...they both work but dang...One stands above the other...seriously.

LittleJohn

surprised at all the propointer owners who haven't seen or used it who are haters already...lol...

LittleJohn

No one likes to hear that the thing they just bought or the thing they really love has been outdone and now they need to spend more money if they want the best.

The TRX is a new 2014 released product. It is a hand held metal detector designed from the ground up over the past couple of years and should be far better than a design from multiple years ago .

Just like a new to market phone.. if you are a first time buyer you get a great deal, if you have the previous model, it kind of sucks hearing you now have the second fiddle.

But lets be honest, if you have a PP that works and does what you need, then you don't need the TRX. If you need a good pin pointer, you want to buy the NEW model not the old one..

No one likes to hear that the thing they just bought or the thing they really love has been outdone and now they need to spend more money if they want the best.

The TRX is a new 2014 released product. It is a hand held metal detector designed from the ground up over the past couple of years and should be far better than a design from multiple years ago .

Just like a new to market phone.. if you are a first time buyer you get a great deal, if you have the previous model, it kind of sucks hearing you now have the second fiddle.

But lets be honest, if you have a PP that works and does what you need, then you don't need the TRX. If you need a good pin pointer, you want to buy the NEW

Well said!

Very useful and unique idea...really like the new TRX ...surprised at all the propointer owners who haven't seen or used it who are haters already...lol...

I have 2 propointers and they find targets but they are not even in the same class imo. It's almost like comparing a harbor freight pp to a propointer...they both work but dang...One stands above the other...seriously.

LittleJohn

I know I'm spoiled already:yes:

After just two hours, I love mine. That being said, I would still use one of my old ProPointer without feeling like I'm going to lose too much. The TXR is just faster, deeper, and the ratcheting feature is awesome!

There's no shame in using a ProPointer, I sill use an old iPhone4s and can look at myself in the mirror. I would not be able to if all I had was a iPhone 3 and a fisher pinpointer though! Lol

If you like and are happy with your GPP then by all means keep using it. Still have one of mine and will have it in my truck incase something happens to the TRX. TRX did make me feel good about buying it when I had it out Friday. When I was using the HF pointer I wondered what all the hubub was about the GPP. I mean how much better can it be? Well, everyone was right about it so I bought another the following year. TRX wont always be the deepest one out there. I'm sure Garrett and others are working on new technology to make them better so it's just a matter of time. If you have TWO GPP's and wanna try the TRX why not sell one GPP and add another 25 bucks to that sale price and try a TRX? What ya got to lose? Dont want it, dont get it. Its good. Not perfect but its a good deep, easy to use PP.

Back
Top Bottom