• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Guess I'm still a n00b?

0z0ne

Good morning, afternoon, evening... Night!

So as you all can see, I'm running a fisher f4.
I purchased it this past September and have had much fun and great success with it. But I'm calling myself out as a total fool today, an here's why.

When I first got the detector, I toyed with all of its features including the manual ground balance. For whatever newbish reason, I couldn't figure out at the time how to get it right. I vowed to get it down later.....200+ hours later (aka ToDAy!). Yeah, ever since that first day I've been running in the standard discrimination mode with iron and foil notched out. But that's it! It totally slipped my mind that I even had that little GB knob even though I've been staring right at it for 10+ hours a week!

Anyway, since I found out my safari is backordered, I've been getting as many hours of detecting out of mr.f4 as possible. So last night I spent a few hours doing local research for hunting spots, as well as reading old threads/articles on the web about my detector. Then it hit me! Fool, you forgot all about your ground balancing!! Not only would it make for more accurate readings in my hunts, but it would also add a Titch more depth!

So first thing today, I attempted to do what I'd failed at previously and, bam! Easy as cake. Went to the beach for almost four hours and then a midnight hunt at the park later. Had a lot of success too!

I'll have to post a thread of this past weeks finds, got some goodies!

In the end, I may not be a fisher n00b anymore, but I'm certainly a fool! Heh.

So for all of you with an f4.... GROUND BALANCE! Trust me! I bet if I'd been hunting this way since September, I'd have twice as much silver, and triple the wheats! As it is, I've found more silver and wheats in the past 24 hours than I have in the past two months!! Gahh!

Still cannot wait for my safari, but boy this fisher will be a great companion!!

Thanks for reading!

Yeah, had an F4 for awhile.
There are a couple of ways to GB it as your owners manual will show you. Sounds like you got it down now. Look foreward to seeing some pics of your finds. HH!

Back
Top Bottom