• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

silly question?

digman

How long on average have you gone before you found anything substancial?
(silver coins, indian head pennies, buff nicks) The reason im asking is that
I was at a coin shop and the owner told me that silver coins and penniesand nicks were very common and didnt have the value I was thinking ex. 1891 indian head penny is about 75 cents its not about the value for me it if they are as common as I am told how come I havent found any yet? I go every day after work for 1.5 hours and most of the day on Saterday I go to many older places ex. parks 100yrs plus old forts 150yrs plus for over 3 mo. I would have thought The law of averages would have had me stumble on a older coin your thoughts will be appreciated Bob Clark

Well Bob, it's a strange world. I have talked to people that find IH pennies about as easy as I find wheaties. Some days I find a few silver coins, other days I can't find poo poo. Just think about this though, there has been more money lost than is currently in circulation. That's a lot of money. The value of your finds also depends on the condition it's in. Some IH's are worth .75, some are worth $175. Just depends.

I went a long time before I found my first IH, but ya know, after I found my first they seemed to come much more often.

Wait until you find your own 1891 IH and see if you think its only worth 75 cents too you.

I know how you feel digman. It took me about 40 or 50 hours before I found my first item I thought was really cool and I knew was old. That was the button I posted last week. I try to go for about an hour after work on most days until it gets dark. Most of the time I don't find anything cool, but just the anticipation of what my next "beep" could be keeps me excited. I'm also fortunate to have a lot of different types of places at my disposal to hunt so that also keeps me excited. I really don't mind when I don't find anything because I have such a blast just being out. Don't worry, the law of averages will eventually work out in both of our favors. Don't dismay...get out there and hunt some more!

Well, water hunting is exciting to say the least, good chance for Gold & Silver rings each day if your beach is active, on land do the research, find the old places people gathered at and the old coins will should be there. Swing low & slow and use very little discrimination! H.H.:-)

Back
Top Bottom