Pulled the trigger and thanks to Bart, ordered the Nox800

gtodude

So after a month or so of debating of what to get to replace my Beachhunter, I made an executive decision on Saturday and gave Bart a call at Big Boys Hobbies to order the NOX800.

One major player in my decision making was the fact that the week prior I hunted an area in Indiana with a new Member to this forum and I was beginning to get the feeling my Mxt300 with the 950 coil wasn’t hitting deep targets so I buried a penny at about 7 inches and ran the MXT over it.....nothing, in all 3 modes, nothing. I turned the gain up, discrimination off and notta! It kind of irritated me, before it went kaput, the 12” coil had no issues with any coins that deep. Dan brought his ATPro and let me give it a go, guess what...no problem finding the penny at all and I didn’t even have it cranked up. The MXT300 has been a great machine but technology has come a long way since and it’s about time I get with the times. It makes me wonder how many good targets I have missed with the MXT since replacing the coil. I will be swinging the NOX in the areas I have been to, just to see what it may have missed.

As far as the ATPro is concerned, it is nice and I have considered getting one but I really like the reviews, versatility and packability of the NOX. From what I have seen and read, it looks like I’ll be able to break it down a bunch to bring with me on my trips so that’s a major plus. The MXT did take up a quite a bit of room and the ATPro looks to be a bit less bulky but the NOX, even less.

Hopefully the NOX will arrive at the house in Indiana this week so this weekend I can give it a go up there and the following weekend try my hand with it down here in Florida. I ended up ordering the LS.pelso headphones from Kellyco to see how they handle the water because I’m itching to get back in the drink but I am also going to order a set of Tony’s too, that way I can have a pair here in FL and one that travels with me.

I’m stoked to get it and start swinging!!

Take Care,

Eric

I can’t speak for other machines because my first machine ever was the nox 600. I can say that since getting a nox and starting this hobby I don’t see how I lived my life ever without this machine. It goes everywhere with me it’s like my precious lol. Love my nox and metal detecting, I’m sure you’ll love yours

Good luck with the new machine! I hear there's a bit of a learning curve but that's a good thing.

Like you I've decided to replace my aging ATPro. Its time to hand it down to the next generation. It paid for itself many times over and my grandson is wanting it. Guess I'll use that as my excuse when the wife asks why I got a new NOX 800. "because our grandson needed an upgrade".

She's lucky that i dont buy her a fishing pole for her birthday.

Back
Top Bottom