• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab CTX 3030 - Getting acquainted & questions for other owners

The small coil stays on my ctx 95 percent of the time. I am sure it will not disappoint you , and if you buy new most dealers will make you a good deal if you ask. Sometimes you can get them for 200 to 225 shipped used. Make sure you use your bigger coil when you get out of heavy trash areas. When you get some time in and know the operation well, there are some on here to help you set up the machine for optimal success in extreme trash. If you have a test bed play in it, you can also make up scenarios on the ground with trash and good targets. FBs responds to long buried targets better, but you can still learn your machine with surface targets. Andy's book is very helpful.

The small coil stays on my ctx 95 percent of the time. I am sure it will not disappoint you , and if you buy new most dealers will make you a good deal if you ask. Sometimes you can get them for 200 to 225 shipped used. Make sure you use your bigger coil when you get out of heavy trash areas. When you get some time in and know the operation well, there are some on here to help you set up the machine for optimal success in extreme trash. If you have a test bed play in it, you can also make up scenarios on the ground with trash and good targets. FBs responds to long buried targets better, but you can still learn your machine with surface targets. Andy's book is very helpful.

I see you're not very far from my hunting grounds... Howdy neighbor! :grin:

That's kind of what I expect from a small coil, I'll see what I can find. Used would be fine with me and looks like quite a bit of savings from the new... I'm studying Andy's book as I go along, there's so much in there to digest!

Back
Top Bottom